Matt Parsons | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Matt Parsons

Feb 21, 2011
Cobi Budge.":c6vtowd1 said:
Parsons gives us the pace on the left, but he's very poor defensively, never puts in a tackle and always looses his man, Purrington, while not being as quick, stops crosses coming in and doesn't shy away from anything.

We've had a poor season with left backs, 6 players have played the position (Blackman, Reckord, Berry, Thomas, Parsons, Purrington)

Last season we were strong in the position, Baz being excellent and Williams being a good solid back up.

New LB is needed in the summer, and not a panick loan...or 3.
You were doing so well until you praised Williams who in my opinion was a complete and utter waste of space.

C

Cobi Budge.

It's an unpopular opinion I know but one I've made many times.

Williams, imo, was a good solid League 2 left back, his lack of pace was an issue, but he was extremely strong in the air for someone of his size, a good crosser and he had a mean left foot.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
To be fair to Williams he scored the goal that earned us a draw against Oxford that secured our survival.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
The numbers of times the opposition got in behind Williams because of his lack of pace, or just dribbled past him because of his lack of agility, was incredible. Very sound technically, but (much like Blizzard) being colossally slow meant he was a pretty poor player.

Anyway, back on topic... I'd like to see Parsons at left wing next season. Certainly got a good cross on him.

Jul 6, 2011
demportdave":w3nbt14u said:
Flat back four with Purrington at LB and if he stays, possibly Parsons at LM. I also want to see a left footed CB playing alongside Nelson.

Parsons is OK going forwards but very poor defensively, his non-challenge basically gifted Bristol Rovers the winning goal.

With a decent LB behind him, Parsons might make a reasonable LM in League 2, playing a similar role to that which Bryan played during his loan spell last season.

:iagree:
Parsons with Purrington behind him looks a reasonable combo.

Bhasera not only had Bryan in front of him in his time here, he also had players like Halmosi which helps a bit. He was a reasonable Championship standard player (on his day), but I reckon by the time Purrington and others at this club are about 24/25 they will show him a thing or two. It also helps to show a little faithfulness to the club in difficult times. Unfortunately Baz' lack in that area has left a bad taste and now people I know tend to remember that more than some excellent performances, which is a hell of a shame.

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
Showing my age, and length in exile....thought the Williams referred to was Paul...

Third Division PFA team of the year in 1995-96....alongside Heathcote (great shiraz), Kinsella and Martinez...

Feb 21, 2011
Dan Ellard":1hb62grg said:
The numbers of times the opposition got in behind Williams because of his lack of pace, or just dribbled past him because of his lack of agility, was incredible. Very sound technically, but (much like Blizzard) being colossally slow meant he was a pretty poor player.

Anyway, back on topic... I'd like to see Parsons at left wing next season. Certainly got a good cross on him.
Agree to a point but about Parsons but surely if your going to play with an actual out and out winger Thomas would be the better option.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
SurreyGreen":vizlzyh7 said:
Should try and get Bryan back on loan next season....

:whistle:

Wishful thinking, or a bit of cheeky insider knowledge??