Mike Bickle R.I.P | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mike Bickle R.I.P

May 22, 2006
More sad news. Grew up watching him and got his autograph when I was about 10. Long time ago.

Always remember an Argyle game on The Big Match. Bickle was booked for taking about four seconds to take a throw in. For years after, any player taking their time to take a throw in, my Dad would comment, ‘Bickle was booked for that’.

Condolences to his family.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
So many of us of a certain "vintage" will have grown up watching Bickle. He certainly knew where the goal was.

So many memories. Swindon the Saturday after they won the League Cup. Four goals on Boxing Day v Torquay. And a near fisticuffs with team mate Fred Molyneux.

RIP Mike. Thanks for the memories.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
So many of us of a certain "vintage" will have grown up watching Bickle. He certainly knew where the goal was.

So many memories. Swindon the Saturday after they won the League Cup. Four goals on Boxing Day v Torquay. And a near fisticuffs with team mate Fred Molyneux.

RIP Mike. Thanks for the memories.
They're two of my great abiding memories from that era, too. Bickle and Rickard - what a combination.

RIP Milkman.

Reactions: oldage

Lesmin

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2011
RIP Mick Bickle thank you for the great memories and condolence's to his family and friends

Greendawe

♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 20, 2020
A great goal scoring 'centre forward' as they were in those days. And very much 'one of our own' strikers like Neil Langman in the previous decade.

RIP Mike and condolences to family and friends

Sep 15, 2010
Plympton
In my formative years as an Argyle fan I watched this great man score many a goal and of course those four against Torquay on Boxing Day were the stuff of legends. Thank you sir, much respect and condolences to your family.

Reactions: keithobro

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I was at the Dell when Mike made his debut and he scored. I remember the headline. "Milkman Bickle scores on debut"....Thanks for some wonderful memories....RIP Mike...

Reactions: RKH

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Very sad news.

A genuine Argyle legend because of the memories he left for older fans and the fact that as a local boy, he really was one of our own.

Remember the Swindon and Torquay games mentioned earlier in which he featured so prominently.

It was a proper old-fashion Battle Royal between Mike as the Argyle CF and Billy Kitchener who played CH for Torquay.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
RIP Mike - the first player to have an impact on me as a boy

Aug 17, 2006
Very sad news. RIP Mike. Probably my first Argyle hero. Prior to going on Pasoti this morning I was looking at a few programs from years ago. One was v Rotherham 8/1/66. We won 5-2. Mike scored 2 to make it 3-2. The euphoria still stays with me. The 2 he scored against Swindon stand out & the 4 against Cardiff City as well.
Then to see he had passed on Pasoti was very emotional. Such a big part of my youth.
Thankyou Mike for the wonderful memories
Condolences to all his family and friends.