Millwall v Argyle - the build up | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall v Argyle - the build up

Who do you think will win?

• Millwall

Votes: 100 41.2%
  • Argyle

Votes: 44 18.1%
  • It will be a draw

Votes: 99 40.7%

• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Millwall
Official website
The Den ground guide
North Stand Banter fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

Check out car parking around the stadium with our partner ... Just Park.

The 2,000 ticket allocation for Argyle fans has sold out with no more tickets going on sale ... club website.

Friday

Match preview ... club website.

Match preview ... Millwall club website.

Away fans guide ... club website.

Panic stations for Argyle ... The 72.

Kevin Nancekivell previews the game ... club website.

Thursday

The Millwall Player of the Season will be announced after the match and the team will participate in a lap of honour ... Millwall club website.

Joe Edwards previews the game ... Argyle TV.

Pre-match press conference ... Argyle TV. (free video).

Match preview ... Sports Mole.

The match is now also sold out for Millwall fans.

According to Sky Bet Millwall are favourites to win at 21/20, an Argyle win has odds of 13/5 while the draw is on offer at 12/5.

Wednesday

Referee
Andy Davies is the whistleblower for the game, so far this season he has issued 89 yellow cards and one red in 23 games.
He will be assisted on Saturday by Graham Kane and Adam Crysell while Tom Nield is the fourth official.
Kane was the linesman who was involved in the controversial goal scored by Coventry City against Argyle in November while Davies was the referee for that game.

They Played For Both
Jimmy Abdou, Kenny Brown, Joe Bryan, David Byrne, Nick Chadwick, Paul Connolly, Paris Cowan-Hall, Steve Crawford, Rab Douglas, Jermaine Easter, Barry Hayles, Ryan Leonard, Lee Martin, Karleigh Osborne, Vincent Pericard, Lee Power, Jason Puncheon, Darren Purse, Danis Salman, Lindsay Smith, Graham Stack, Greg Wylde, Chris Zebroski. Any more?

Away fans pubs
All local pubs near the stadium are home supporters only and it is recommended that Argyle fans do not attempt to gain entry.
Most away supporters travelling by train will stop off somewhere around London Bridge, though it is still advised to keep club colours covered up. The Shipwrights Arms (SE1 2TF), The Pomellers’ Rest (SE1 2UN), and The George Inn (SE1 1NH) are among some of the recommended pubs in that area.

Travel and parking
SE16 3LN.
Those driving should be aware of the long-term roadworks that are continuing to cause disruption on the A12. It is also important to note that The Den is located within the new Greater London ULEZ zone, and it is worth making sure you check whether your vehicle meets the requirements ... check here.
There are no official Club provided car parking facilities.

Millwall tactical analysis Whoscored.com
Strengths
Attacking set pieces.
Stealing the ball from the opposition.
Shooting from direct free kicks.
Aerial duels.
Weaknesses
Finishing scoring chances.
Keeping possession of the ball.
Avoiding fouling in dangerous areas.
Style of play
Take a lot of shots.
Long balls.
Attempt crosses often.
Attacking down the right.
Aggressive.

Millwall recent results
Screenshot_20240423_201904_FotMob.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2005
Redruth
No win against Milwall in the league since 13/12/1997 isnt a great stat for us,Lets hope for a change in some luck and fortune for us COYG!!!!

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Bouncebackability is required on Saturday
Millwall are in the mould of Stoke so they will be roughing us up from kick off
No longer can we rely on other teams
Hopefully the boys will be fully switched on from kick off
We need points 🤞

Reactions: David Doidge
Oct 20, 2015
Honestly I don't envy Nancesnip. How can you pick a starting XI after last week? Sack them all off and play the youth team?

Massive respect to all the travelling faithful. Not an easy journey, and possibly the Championship's least welcoming ground.

I'm fearing the worst again. 2-1 heartbreaker

Jan 21, 2007
Heart says Whittaker and Hardie will both score worldy's in a comfortable win ...

Head says we'll score a scrappy early goal and then hang on for dear life ...

Reactions: argyletraveller

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
I think we channel our inner Foster, play very boring football, defend deep, restrict chances, maybe get into their penalty area once a half. And if Morgs can’t score a worldie then hope for a 0-0 and an important point.

Sep 28, 2022
Reading the Millwall fans website, language somewhat colourful and threatening occasionally. Maybe me being paranoid or them playing to the galleries. Horrible football club, even back in the 1930,s the ground was shut because of crowd trouble. Been to the Old Den in the mid eighties, they beat us 2-0 and got promoted with George Graham in charge. Actually stood amongst the Millwall fans as I was up in London at the time. 15,000 mostly men between the ages of 15-50,bars open in the ground serving drinks all during the game. Bit of an eye opener to be honest. Not the nicest part of London most definitely. Fulham away on the other hand is a delight!.Errr enjoy for the Argyle fans errr lucky enough to have a ticket. Coygs! (from the safety of my front room!).

Reactions: wightboy
Aug 4, 2011
I think we channel our inner Foster, play very boring football, defend deep, restrict chances, maybe get into their penalty area once a half. And if Morgs can’t score a worldie then hope for a 0-0 and an important point.
Problem is even if we restrict them from open play they will undoubtably have corners and be lumping free kicks into our box which isn’t our strength. Scarr, Phillps, Gibson for this one

Reactions: Koala Green
May 19, 2023
Win at all costs, they're not a possession based team so will happily watch us pass it around and will beat us physically. Our best bet is too try and get runners in behind, may be worth bringing Hardie on as impact or even throw them off by giving Isakka a chunk of time.

Mar 8, 2024
Walthamstow
It won't happen, but I'd like to see Morgan dropped to the bench, and Waine come in to help Hardie with the shadow-chasing. Is Morgan a better player than Waine? Obviously, by miles. But a bit more mobility both in and out of possession might be worth more to us right now. Or we gamble and play Morgan and Waine behind Hardie in a Carey/Lameiras type set up. But can we not have both Morgan and Hotdog both so isolated in their respective roles. Yes they're both tired, but they're also both working in silos.
Can't see past a 1-0 Millwall win, sadly. Hope I'm wrong. I often am.

May 19, 2023
It won't happen, but I'd like to see Morgan dropped to the bench, and Waine come in to help Hardie with the shadow-chasing. Is Morgan a better player than Waine? Obviously, by miles. But a bit more mobility both in and out of possession might be worth more to us right now. Or we gamble and play Morgan and Waine behind Hardie in a Carey/Lameiras type set up. But can we not have both Morgan and Hotdog both so isolated in their respective roles. Yes they're both tired, but they're also both working in silos.
Can't see past a 1-0 Millwall win, sadly. Hope I'm wrong. I often am.
Never dropping MW, he's poor out of possession but he can pop up with a 30 yarder at any time. lack of creativity in behind is an issue, especially without Foreshaw.

Reactions: Hargyle