Missing flags from Hull game | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Missing flags from Hull game

Apr 15, 2024
How do you know that they didn’t realise that the flag left on their seat wasn’t for them to keep? They are everywhere else when left out.

I thinks it’s disgraceful putting pictures of people online for people to share calling them thieves when they may well have no idea that they weren’t there as a memento. Everywhere else flags are left on seats they are there to be taken.

The fact 35 flags were taken hints that the communication that they were meant to be left didn’t get across as it should have done.

Spot on.
I saw one guy mention on FB the issue with showing photo of kids and implying children were taking them and he got slaughtered
If either of my two were in those photos purely accidentally and shown on FB I would have gone ballistic on the website

Reactions: Daisy Green and Daz

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I see what you're saying but if it's an honest mistake why the need to shove it up his top to hide it as pafc displays say they saw him do? If they thought it was a momento they'd walked out the ground with it on the pole not hiding what they've done.
The photos show the child with it in his arms as he’s walking off. They wouldn’t rip it off the pole in the 18 yard box if they didn’t want people to see them would they? 🤷

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
It’s also illegal to enter the field of play during or after the final whistle. On the issue of the flags I think the majority would have known they were not there to take, if as I say the pitch wasn’t invaded it would probably been easier to keep an eye on them !!
And that’s why the majority of flags weren’t taken. It’s the minority being called thieves I take issue with. Anyway I’ve had my say and I’d hate another eye roll from surreyjanner.

Reactions: Babylontiger

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Taking the flags is wrong but showing photos of the kid is wrong
Not seen the photos, but if the kid was in a public place there is no offence in photographing him, especially if in a crowd. There is no expectation of privacy from being photographed in a public place.

Reactions: David Doidge
Apr 26, 2023
Did not say they can't be photographed I think it's wrong to show a photo of a kid that has been linked to a taking of a flag and now you have a witch hunt.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
It isn’t the kid who is suspected of thieving it though. It’s the adult male who was with them. He is the one who carefully removed the flag from the pole.
I am gobsmacked that so many on here (although perhaps it is a few who keep repeating the same stuff) seem to think that it was a similar situation to Wembley. At Wembley, they were small flags on EVERY seat. Clearly complimentary. Not the same as at HP.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
It isn’t the kid who is suspected of thieving it though. It’s the adult male who was with them. He is the one who carefully removed the flag from the pole.
I am gobsmacked that so many on here (although perhaps it is a few who keep repeating the same stuff) seem to think that it was a similar situation to Wembley. At Wembley, they were small flags on EVERY seat. Clearly complimentary. Not the same as at HP.
I’m using Wembley as an example of flags being left on seats that no one minded people taking home. Not everyone that goes argyle knows about the displays and what they do. I could imagine my father in law doing exactly the same thing for my son if he’d gone with him being completely oblivious to the situation. He has seen it at Wembley, champions league games etc where everyone takes them, but wouldn’t know that these were to be left.

Reactions: oldage

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
The worst thing about it would be that he would be thinking what a bloody good gesture it was from Argyle too and telling his crowd of mates about it.

Not everyone is a wrongun.

Wembury Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Dec 15, 2020
Sadly, from the stands, there were quite a few kids taking ’match memorabilia’ when on the pitch. Stuffing things up their T-shirts. It was sad to see, but how can you reason with them, at that point, from that distance? Hopefully you’ll get them back.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Just return the flag Daz and we'll all move on 😅
Unfortunately the posh seats don’t get flags to wave mate, so not guilty. 😎

I would like to know how much the 35 flags would have cost though as I’m sure a crowd funded could be organised.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sadly, from the stands, there were quite a few kids taking ’match memorabilia’ when on the pitch. Stuffing things up their T-shirts. It was sad to see, but how can you reason with them, at that point, from that distance? Hopefully you’ll get them back.

Careful, you'll get me going on the 'Whittaker can I have your shirt' brigade.

Should be banned from the ground, bleddy begging.

Jul 29, 2010
It's not an error Stevie - it's blatent theft.
For a theft to have occurred all of the points to prove of the offence have to be made out. So a theft isn’t always as cut and dried as one may think. Also, the ages of any young offender are relevant again when proving an offence. My point being that what someone thinks is blatant isn’t often the case.