More forward players needed ? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

More forward players needed ?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Greenfingers":1wlds3px said:
Just read in the Independent, Rooney has scored 18 goals this season for the youth. When's he going to be on the bench?
Probably got to impress in the development games first, he's played in quite a few of them and no-one's labelled him a stand out performer in any game. Surely it's better for him to be playing games and scoring goals rather than sitting on the bench anyway?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
The fact that we haven't had a result four games in a row with this referee certainly gives cause for thought. Also after they scored their first goal he seemed to be laughing and joking as he brought the Bury players back to restart the game. Also if a player is offside the linesman should raise the flag immediately NOT wait a considerable time before disallowing the goal. :furious:

Apr 28, 2013
Most biased ref I've seen this season.. If they celebrate with the fans and refuse to come back, you book them. This ref let them do whatever they wanted, including a lot of time wasting. Also, with free kicks, they weren't staying behind the line, what did the ref do? Nothing again..

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
up_the_line":wdr7kq5m said:
Ah, glad we've established it was the ref's fault yesterday

No just expressing a view regarding some officials seen at our matches.

Apr 28, 2013
Standard of referees is dreadful in this league. A lot of teams success and failure are because of poor refs, I know it's hard but they should be doing better. I think they should get support from replays or something as that would help a lot.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
up_the_line":2ptxxpqn said:
Ah, glad we've established it was the ref's fault yesterday

You want to practice what you preach with regards to the opinions of others.

C

Cobi Budge.

I'll say it again, however raw he was we let our game changer (and one of the few who could cross a ball) go for nothing at the end of 20, such a poor decision.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
And how many games did he change? And by that i mean change the outcome, you can change games by having an impact yes but if it very rarely (if ever) comes to anything what's the point.

C

Cobi Budge.

Argy1e":1n80atzb said:
And how many games did he change? And by that i mean change the outcome, you can change games by having an impact yes but if it very rarely (if ever) comes to anything what's the point.

Pompey away, Hartlepool home and he's certainly influenced a few others.

Thomas isn't the finished article but surely you can't argue that our bench is a hell of a lot weaker than it was? I'd rather we could have shipped out Banton and kept Thomas. It just makes no sense to me to let a pacey 20 year old winger with a good cross go for nothing, when we don't have any other wingers or pacey players.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
It didn't change the outcome against Hartlepool as we were winning before he came on. Releasing Thomas probably freed up the cash to sign O'Connor so maybe our bench is a bit weaker but nowhere near as much as our starting XI is stronger due to having O'Connor.

Thomas didn't really fit into our formation, which means we'd either have to accommodate him or change the formation to suit him. Our strongest XI didn't include Thomas, and as he chose us so he wouldn't be sitting on the bench and that's all he ended up doing he probably didn't want to be here. NT finds out on deadline day that a club wants to sign him and he'd want to leave and that's exactly what happened...

C

Cobi Budge.

Just because a player didn't fit into our formation doesn't mean he should have been let go for nothing. Thomas was a player who could come on and enable us to play with a different formation, simply, he was a player who could come on and run at defenders and usually get past them, we don't have anyone else who can come on and do that, Banton is just broken now.

Thomas was a young talent and he was underused, especially during games we were chasing, I feel he'll go on to have a bright career.

Also, if we had to ship out 2 players to bring back O'Connor then I find that a tad embarrassing, if true that kind of throws aside the idea that Brent was willing to give Sheridan the money for O'Connor.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
What's the point in keeping a player who is wanted by another club, doesn't want to be at the club and doesn't fit into the team?
His contract was up in the summer wasn't it? he'd have left for nothing anyway.
Thomas may well go on to do well, but it wasn't working out for him here and he needed a change of scenery (much like Banton, who definitely does not need to drop a league, he doesn't fit in our style but when the team was built around him he was supposedly too good for this league)
We may not have needed to get rid of 2 players to sign O'Connor but there's a chance he'd have been on a decent wage as he was part of a Premier League academy before Blackburn were relegated. Hartlepool may well not be paying much (if any) of Morgan's wages, clubs rarely pay the full fee when signing loan players. The money Brent stumped up was the transfer fee, not his wages until the end of the season.