Mr Hallett - is anyone listening? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mr Hallett - is anyone listening?

B

Bonehead

demportdave":26vb12mv said:
plymouth1970":26vb12mv said:
Hi Simon's PA here, I've spoke to him and he has informed me to tell you that this is a football business and if you require milk and eggs you need to procure these items from a supermarket, I know of a very good farm shop nearby too.
A genuine Argyle fan with a genuine complaint and that's all you can come up with.

Sometimes, it's best to say nothing and leave people wondering that pehaps you might not be too bright, but you had to to confirm it.

I may not be too bright,however, I can spell Devonport.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
plymouth1970":387oczgt said:
demportdave":387oczgt said:
plymouth1970":387oczgt said:
Hi Simon's PA here, I've spoke to him and he has informed me to tell you that this is a football business and if you require milk and eggs you need to procure these items from a supermarket, I know of a very good farm shop nearby too.
A genuine Argyle fan with a genuine complaint and that's all you can come up with.

Sometimes, it's best to say nothing and leave people wondering that pehaps you might not be too bright, but you had to to confirm it.

Why don't you just quit while you're behind.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
plymouth1970":188dyj9t said:
stupid reply, this chap must be fuming !!

Aug 10, 2006
seems a lot of people have not had a reply to emails including me very poor, also argyle need to look at the long game instead of pis...g people off.

kernowluke

✅ Evergreen
Jan 11, 2017
I'm not sure how helpful this reply will be given I haven't had a similar issue. I logged in on Sunday morning and was able to buy tickets to a few games (Exeter, Morecambe, Crewe) and didn't encounter any problems. Has anyone else had problems buying tickets for the 'proper' games online?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
khennes_904":3o28lhn9 said:
plymouth1970":3o28lhn9 said:
demportdave":3o28lhn9 said:
plymouth1970":3o28lhn9 said:

Hi Keith - how you doing? Just had an email from my pal Dave Brock in Napier rejoicing that he is going to be watching the game live. You too?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
plymouth1970":27hd1yv3 said:
demportdave":27hd1yv3 said:
plymouth1970":27hd1yv3 said:

But not quite bright enough to leave a space between the first comma and before the word however. (Pedant patrol - I didn't start the pedantry here)

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
memory man":2j21qhcr said:
khennes_904":2j21qhcr said:
plymouth1970":2j21qhcr said:
demportdave":2j21qhcr said:
plymouth1970":2j21qhcr said:

Hi Keith - how you doing? Just had an email from my pal Dave Brock in Napier rejoicing that he is going to be watching the game live. You too?

Sure am MM , Chris aka NZ Green , and his lad coming round here for a 8.45 am kickoff.
Pasties for halftime but a little early for the Cider.
Can't wait to see a full Home Park again, just like the good old days.. :scarf:

May 22, 2006
Knibbsworth":1b5z90qj said:
Great post. I want to go to the Liverpool match AND the Cheltenham match, and can't establish a method of ordering and paying for them.

If this cup fiasco has taught us anything, I hope it is that our online ordering system is inadequate, and ticket allocating structure has been unfair to exiles and away fans. To be bottom of the pile for the Liverpool game while ST holders all buy tickets for +1s has been sad to say the least. Also to be left with no other option but to use expensive rate phone lines and be cut off repeatedly.

Plenty of room for improvement.

Very much the same here. Lucky enough to get tickets for Anfield through the attendance history rule. I think Anfield became the 58th league ground where I have seen Argyle play.

Now seemingly impossible to get tickets for the Liverpool and Cheltenham matches due to a bizarre system that no longer allows purchases on line. The alternative is a phone call but it is incredibly time consuming (just the 140 calls to secure Anfield tickets).

At least I've seen Liverpool at Home Park before in that testimonial and I've been to Whaddon Road many times dating back to Shilton's side losing in a pre season friendly when they were non league. Those were the days when it was so less complex, or much better organised.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Forest of Dean Green":2rrlqv86 said:
I have Cheltenham tickets!!!! Hurrah. Thanks to my lovely wife who sat on the phone for an hour.

I think the point of your original post remains, however. I hope a reply is deemed appropriate

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
I would hope and certainly EXPECT that the club do an investigation into what has surely been a complete farce in terms of selling Liverpool tickets at HP. The home allocation exceeded the away following at Anfield, yet many who went didn't get a look in for the home round. As a ST holder I did at least get mine online, but unless you were in a queue at HP from the Tuesday through to the Thursday, you had no chance of any more, or indeed as many of you exiles have experienced none at all. I know mates in Plymouth who were working that week, qualified for tickets but were held out of the loop. Bearing in mind that the many people who lost out are either ST holders are fairly regular fans at away games, then this is a great example of how not to treat your most important customers. Let's hope the club really does learn from this debacle,
Pete

Jan 29, 2006
demportdave":2hpxettt said:
plymouth1970":2hpxettt said:

Back of the net well said I rather come out with an expletive for him, but I must admit your words are sooo good.

Mar 23, 2013
This post was heartbreaking.....it really was, have you thought about investing in the argyle player for Wednesday.......don't expect sparksy though....he's got a ticket.