My other team | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

My other team

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
It's the American way, if you want in show us the money first.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
CHAMPIONS :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ottawa%20Fall%20Season%20Title.JPG

First trophy for the Ottawa Fury crowned as the fall champions after a 3-1 victory in Jacksonville, they can get the combined championship with Cosmos and Minnesota either losing or drawing their games this weekend, or a Fury victory in their last game of the season on Oct 31.

http://www.nasl.com/news/2015/10/21/ott ... cksonville

Winning the fall championship means Ottawa will be host to one of the playoff semi final games, if they are the overall champions they would host the NASL championship game if they won their semi final game.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":2kh1lng8 said:
CHAMPIONS :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ottawa%20Fall%20Season%20Title.JPG

First trophy for the Ottawa Fury crowned as the fall champions after a 3-1 victory in Jacksonville, they can get the combined championship with Cosmos and Minnesota either losing or drawing their games this weekend, or a Fury victory in their last game of the season on Oct 31.

http://www.nasl.com/news/2015/10/21/ott ... cksonville

Winning the fall championship means Ottawa will be host to one of the playoff semi final games, if they are the overall champions they would host the NASL championship game if they won their semi final game.

You've lost me now. What are the play offs for? I thought you said there was no promotion.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
OK i will try and explain it, there is no promotion, there is no relegation, but there is a champion, to be the champion you have to win the playoffs, to get in the playoffs there are 4 ways to be one of the 4 teams who make the playoffs.
Remember the NASL season is made up of 2 seasons, (1, a spring season, consisting of 10 games, 1 game against each of the other 10 teams and 2, a Fall season made up of 20 games home and away against the other 10 teams)

The winner of the spring season (NY Cosmos) gets one spot in playoffs, the winner of the fall season (Ottawa Fury) gets the 2nd spot, the other 2 spots, the two teams that have the best combined records (Spring and Fall Season) – and that didn’t win either the Spring or Fall Season –
Better explanation here
http://www.nasl.com/news/2015/07/21/int ... ampionship

The winners of the 2 seasons will host the home games in the 2 semi finals, the seeding for the 4 spots will be based on the standings in the combined standings of the 2 seasons, currently it would be
1. Ottawa Fury
2. NY Cosmos
3. Minnesota United
4. Fort Lauderdale Strikers.
The only other team who could make the playoffs is Tampa Bay Rowdies who are 2 points behind Fort Lauderdale with both teams having 2 games to play.

Simple right :lol: :lol:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":2h6lmv96 said:
OK i will try and explain it, there is no promotion, there is no relegation, but there is a champion, to be the champion you have to win the playoffs, to get in the playoffs there are 4 ways to be one of the 4 teams who make the playoffs.
Remember the NASL season is made up of 2 seasons, (1, a spring season, consisting of 10 games, 1 game against each of the other 10 teams and 2, a Fall season made up of 20 games home and away against the other 10 teams)

The winner of the spring season (NY Cosmos) gets one spot in playoffs, the winner of the fall season (Ottawa Fury) gets the 2nd spot, the other 2 spots, the two teams that have the best combined records (Spring and Fall Season) – and that didn’t win either the Spring or Fall Season –
Better explanation here
http://www.nasl.com/news/2015/07/21/int ... ampionship

The winners of the 2 seasons will host the home games in the 2 semi finals, the seeding for the 4 spots will be based on the standings in the combined standings of the 2 seasons, currently it would be
1. Ottawa Fury
2. NY Cosmos
3. Minnesota United
4. Fort Lauderdale Strikers.
The only other team who could make the playoffs is Tampa Bay Rowdies who are 2 points behind Fort Lauderdale with both teams having 2 games to play.

Simple right :lol: :lol:

So it could be possible to be top of both the Spring and Fall seasons' tables......but lose in the play-offs and therefore fail to be crowned champions? That's even tougher to swallow than our play-offs :(

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The Fury will have to wait until saturday to see if they are crowned the combined champions as both Minnesota and the NY Cosmos won their games this past weekend, a outright win by the Fury away to Atlanta will clinch the championship a draw should be enough as they have a better goal differential to the Cosmos.
Fury are 2 points ahead of BY and 3 ahead of Minnesota.

Code:
1	Ottawa Fury FC	             29	55
2	New York Cosmos	            29	53
3	Minnesota United FC	        29	52
4	Tampa Bay Rowdies	          29	39
5	Fort Lauderdale Strikers	   29	38
6	FC Edmonton	                30	35
7	Indy Eleven	                29	33
8	Carolina RailHawks	         29	32
9	Atlanta Silverbacks	        29	32
10	Jacksonville Armada FC	    29	31
11	San Antonio Scorpions	     29	30

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":3g1owdv9 said:
The Fury will have to wait until saturday to see if they are crowned the combined champions as both Minnesota and the NY Cosmos won their games this past weekend, a outright win by the Fury away to Atlanta will clinch the championship a draw should be enough as they have a better goal differential to the Cosmos.
Fury are 2 points ahead of BY and 3 ahead of Minnesota.

Code:
1	Ottawa Fury FC	             29	55
2	New York Cosmos	            29	53
3	Minnesota United FC	        29	52
4	Tampa Bay Rowdies	          29	39
5	Fort Lauderdale Strikers	   29	38
6	FC Edmonton	                30	35
7	Indy Eleven	                29	33
8	Carolina RailHawks	         29	32
9	Atlanta Silverbacks	        29	32
10	Jacksonville Armada FC	    29	31
11	San Antonio Scorpions	     29	30

So what happens to the play-offs if Fury win the combined title? Are they just cancelled?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Nope all it means is the highest team in the combined season has the home advantage for the playoffs and final.
Once this weekend is over the 4 teams that are in the playoffs will be seeded on the basis of the combined season, so as of right now the seeds would be 1. Ottawa, 2 NY Cosmos, 3. Minnesota, 4. Tampa, and the playoffs would be 1 v 4, 2 v3. The highest seed left will host the final

So to make it clear ottawa and NY Cosmos have the home advantage for the 2 semi final games because they won the fall and spring season

Only the Yanks could complicate something so simple.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":3b9bo076 said:
Nope all it means is the highest team in the combined season has the home advantage for the playoffs and final.
Once this weekend is over the 4 teams that are in the playoffs will be seeded on the basis of the combined season, so as of right now the seeds would be 1. Ottawa, 2 NY Cosmos, 3. Minnesota, 4. Tampa, and the playoffs would be 1 v 4, 2 v3. The highest seed left will host the final

So to make it clear ottawa and NY Cosmos have the home advantage for the 2 semi final games because they won the fall and spring season

Only the Yanks could complicate something so simple.

And the play-off winners become 2015 champions?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Yes you got it.
There are 4 trophies, 1 Spring season winner, NY Cosmos. 2 Fall winners Ottawa Fury 3 Combined season winner ?? 4 Playoff champion ??.

Fury will play there last game in Atlanta starting their backup goalie who has never played a professional game in his life, also captain Richie Ryan will miss this game, i also expect a couple of other players may not start.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Well LC i'm totally peed off with the Ottawa Fury, going into the last game of the season, a win would have guaranteed they were the overall champions, a draw and they would have to reley on the NY Cosmos, either losing/drawing or winning by less than 2 goals.
As i said i knew the captain was out injured, i did not know that one player the young player of the season was out suspended for accumulation of yellows, but when i saw the lineup they presented i was astounded, they started with a goalie who had never played a profesional game in his life, they did start their normal back 4 who have played every minute of the season, BUT their midfield had never played together all season, to top that the front 2 had started 1 game all season between the 2 of them, on the bench 4 youth academy players, the normal front 2 and a midfielder who had only played 4 games.
Fury were down 1-0 after 3 mins when a direct fk went in. The Fury were being over run through the midfield every single play, i think possesion throughout the game was something like 70-30%, yet the few times they did get into the Atlanta penalty area, the Atlanta defence was in panic mode. Atlanta hit the post twice and had 2 brakaways but did'nt add to their score, with all their pressure Fury still had a chance and finally after a goal mouth scramble they did score to make it 1-1.
Shortly afterwards one of the Furys top defensive players went down injured and had to be carried off, and was subbed later with about 10 mins left they did bring on their 2 best forwards but with no midfield to supply them the game ended 1-1.
So the Cosmos had to win by 2 clear goals and they did win 2-0 to finish first. Ottawa finished 2nd and will play Minnesota on Sunday and Fort Lauderdale won their last game to finish 4th and play the Cosmos on saturday.

I have been on a number of forums over here and expressed by horror to this action but have had little support as the N. American way is to put little to the league championship but everything the the playoff winner, so it is possible Fort Lauderdale the 4 th place team could win 2 games and will be crowned the big champion.

I believe the Fury management let the players down and their fans down in deciding to throw away the league championship that was in their hand and would have given them the home advantage through to the final if they made it, now they have to play a much better team in Minnesota and reley on Fort Lauderdale if they want to host the final.

My prediction NY Cosmos will beat Minnesota in the final.

Sorry for the long rant but so frustrated.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada