Nelson tribunal (Argyle to receive £200-£280k) | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nelson tribunal (Argyle to receive £200-£280k)

How much will we get for Nelson?

• 0 - £50,000

Votes: 26 12.1%
  • £50,001 - £100,000

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • £100,001 - £200,000

Votes: 46 21.4%
  • £200,001 - £300,000

Votes: 61 28.4%
  • £300,001 - £400,000

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • £400,001 - £500,000

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • £500,001 - £750,000

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • £750,001 - £1m

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • £1m+

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
N

newquaygreen

Apparently yhr u's are not impressed by the fee and the fact he has been injured a bit too

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
"Plymouth Prices" eh?

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/oxford- ... story.html

How the worm has turned. :lol:

"Plymouth asked for a hell of a lot more than that". :thumbs: That's how it works Mr Appleton, you want to pay £50k, we ask for £500k, let's face it, you started it. :wave:

The 20% sell on is a classic though, anyone reading this and thinks they can come to PAFC from now on and pull our pants down better have another think.

All we need now is Barnsley to sell Hourihane (is it £300 k so far) to sell him for a few million in the January window and we could have a nice little wedge forming here.

Much rather have the players of course, but if they want to leave our club their new masters will have to pay the going rate or even above it from now on.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
IJN":rwdgorg9 said:
"Plymouth Prices" eh?

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/oxford- ... story.html

How the worm has turned. :lol:

"Plymouth asked for a hell of a lot more than that". :thumbs: That's how it works Mr Appleton, you want to pay £50k, we ask for £500k, let's face it, you started it. :wave:

The 20% sell on is a classic though, anyone reading this and thinks they can come to PAFC from now on and pull our pants down better have another think.

All we need now is Barnsley to sell Hourihane (is it £300 k so far) to sell him for a few million in the January window and we could have a nice little wedge forming here.

Much rather have the players of course, but if they want to leave our club their new masters will have to pay the going rate or even above it from now on.

We could quite easily lose most of our current players on a free in the summer though without a leg to stand on.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I got the impression from DA at Senior Greens, that many of his summer signings are on similar terms to last year with an option for a second year on both sides.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
SwimWithTheTide":2dqk4v3z said:
We could quite easily lose most of our current players on a free in the summer though without a leg to stand on.

You've been listening to silly stuff again it seems.

Just wait and see.

I ask you this, do you think a club 'smart' enough to do what they did with Nelson, is daft enough to not have some balls in the tube?

Think about it. Just doesn't make sense does it?

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I don't thing Adams was too disappointed with the players who left in the summer, hopefully it will be different from now on.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
After years of getting out of a big black hole we are in a respectable situation thanks to our owner and board, we are no longer an easy touch for other clubs and a proverbial walkover. They pay the going rate + a bit extra. About time!

Aug 5, 2016
dunlop":17z1f8uw said:
I don't thing Adams was too disappointed with the players who left in the summer, hopefully it will be different from now on.

Now we have a fair price and sell on clause for Nelson, and have assembled a better back four, is there anyone Derek Adams regrets seeing leave when they did?

I wouldn't have imagined so.

Everyone we lost our hair stressing out about leave, Adams replaced pretty well with a more effective player.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
IJN":1nc2cz0l said:
SwimWithTheTide":1nc2cz0l said:

You've been listening to silly stuff again it seems.

Just wait and see.

I ask you this, do you think a club 'smart' enough to do what they did with Nelson, is daft enough to not have some balls in the tube?

Think about it. Just doesn't make sense does it?

I'm unsure what you think I've been listening to? Currently it's Drew Savage and Chris Errington.

My point was that a lot of our players now aren't youngster like Nelson who we have had in our ranks for years. I don't think the situation will repeat itself unless someone comes in for Ben P.

It certainly wouldn't apply to Carey for example, who it's been publicly reported is keeping his options open and whose contract finishes by the seasons end.

As for Appleton whining that they've paid too much for Nelson, I'd find those comments rather demoralising from your manager. Could easily be interpreted that he feels they've wasted too much money on him and suggests he's not rated as highly as we all thought of him. I still think we've done well all things considered, but at the same time with Nelson's potential Oxford could have had a bargain if they play their cards right.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He started today, so that's another game towards our extra income from Oxford. However, they lost 0-2 to the bottom club, Shrewsbury.