New Home Kit ( 2015-16 ) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Home Kit ( 2015-16 )

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
pafcstafford":vvp5y3rv said:
You could just as easily say why doesn't so and so play in plain shirts anymore and imply that its because nobody likes it.

As X-isle says it's about tradition and what our club is about. Bideford always played in stripes now they don't. I don't associate Argyle with stripes. I do associate them with green (and yes IJN a slightly lighter shade).

What I particularly don't like is people getting over excited by the new season and new kit when quite frankly I haven't got over last week's balls up yet.

Curmudgeonly git - too bleddy right.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I like stripes so we differ there Mark, but I agree on the rest.

Still mystified, annoyed and disillusioned with what I witnessed over both matches.

The only 'stars' the 14,000 singers in the first leg.

Jul 29, 2010
....and as I've said before Mark, despite strongly favouring a darker shade of green, I'd sooner have a lighter green used predominantly, than any green used effectively as a minor 'trimming' colour.

Whatever shade of green is used, it's rendered irrelevant by being treated as a token gesture. History and tradition is diminished as a direct consequence.

P

pafcstafford

Argyle traditions are different for different people for me when i first started going it seemed to always be stripes or a combination of green and black for people a little younger its the plain dark green.

Sticking to the peter shilton kit forevermore would do me.

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
Looking at the preview pictures on the official site it looks about as green as a green and white striped shirt can be, there's some black trim but it doesn't look excessive to me. I'm no fan of stripes for Argyle but judging by what we've been shown as well as the drawings we voted on it looks to be as good as they get. I know the shade of green argument has been had a thousand times but I feel that the current sludgy mess that Puma give us is a far greater affront to our greenness than stripes, even if we are to stick with dark surely we can get something greener than the greyish mess Puma give us, other companies have done better with the dark green, the Adidas kits were dreadful but their green was, although close in shade, much better than Puma's

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Perhaps that's why we can never hold-on to a fan base - we change our colours and patterns every 10 years or so?! Can't see Man Ure switching to stripes or Newcastle to a plain white shirt for their home kit.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
I instantly fell in love with last season's kit, so hoping I'll do the same this season. Ultimately, I'm never too fussed what it is we wear as long as it's green but when it's a highlight in the boring few weeks between seasons, I build up high expectations.

A

Anonymous

If anyone is mistaking the new kit for Newcastle, I think you better get down to Specsavers!

Green and White stripes with black trim, fine. I understand people are frustrated with things at Argyle after the play off 'performance' but there's lot of moaning for moaning sake here.