New Look The Pilgrim Matchday Programme | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Look The Pilgrim Matchday Programme

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
pepilgrim":1v46qa5b said:
Haven't bought a prog for years but a new supporter had one and offered it to me, I declined but was so impressed that I have ordered a back copy from the publishers. Well done Argyle!

This season there is a very interesting addition, where some handsome devil has the privilege of meeting up with past Argyle players for a quick chat. That's worth £3 right there! :whistle:

O

ogwellmike

Totally agree with the OP. I've only just got around to reading my Saturday programme and I was very impressed. It's the best for some years - IMO - both in design and content. I was going to start a thread on here about it myself until I discovered that somebody had beaten me to it. I look online at the official website and at pasoti more or less daily but I still buy a programme on matchdays and enjoy the extra content.

That cartoon version a few years back was dreadful. I remember posting a complaint on here about it but we were, by then apparently, stuck with it contractually for the rest of the season.

As far as price is concerned, £3 seems to be about the going rate for away programmes too. Bearing in mind the costs of production and the relatively small numbers sold (compared, say, with a national magazine) then it is not overpriced.

Anyway, well done Argyle!

Jul 10, 2011
Come early tonight to buy a prog, and avoid disappointment if sold out. Better still, order extra copies Argyle!

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
rose":1aipf1rl said:
pepilgrim":1aipf1rl said:
Haven't bought a prog for years but a new supporter had one and offered it to me, I declined but was so impressed that I have ordered a back copy from the publishers. Well done Argyle!

This season there is a very interesting addition, where some handsome devil has the privilege of meeting up with past Argyle players for a quick chat. That's worth £3 right there! :whistle:
I read that article.
I thought the journo was a ....... :shock: :lol:

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
LG":111wlia8 said:
rose":111wlia8 said:
pepilgrim":111wlia8 said:

I read that article.
I thought the journo was a ....... :shock: :lol:

was a...was a...? A lovely looking, well mannered, all round lovely lad?

Apr 15, 2008
London
Football programmes are football programmes. Let's face it, you're never going to get an article by Norman Mailer (not least because he's dead) and the 'message from the chairman / message from the manager' could be cut and pasted from the same article in the other 40+ football league programmes that Saturday, but, for what it is, the Argyle one is pretty well done.

Mar 9, 2011
Have to admit I haven't bought a program for quite some time but I liked the look of this seasons program. Much better than the past few seasons.

Love the idea of Plymouth being shown on the front page behind Banton ... wondering if this will be the same photo all the time or of different areas of Plymouth?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I don't normally buy programmes, Bought one on Saturday as my Boy's first derby game.
As an avid Internet viewer everything i read in that programme was available on line wont buy one again although I doubt there is anything wrong with the quality I think the programme is now outdated and no longer required.
Club would be better sorting WiFI and an Argyle App out not the normal FL App though one unique to the club that a fan would want.
Would be good if Argyle pioneered the E Programme ! surely a step into the future and could be marketed without the need for printing and therefore considerably less than £3
I Like the cover with the images of Plymouth although I think this will loom poor come game 23 ! wont buy another

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":s35hc93t said:
Everything in there was online?

Don't think so.

Rose?.....

Nope, in fact, i'm pretty sure everything in the matchday programme is exclusive to that copy, same as the rest. You can be pedantic and say that stats are available online, and nit pick around those sorts of things, but all the articles are exclusive to the programme.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
There will always be those who collect the programmes regardless of content and its a few more pennies towards the club.

Separately, I belong to an organisation that produces a quarterly 50 page colour magazine that is sent out to its members. Its been running for around 30 years or so and inevitably, the early copies are difficult to locate. I took on the task of scanning and producing a pdf copy of the first 100 or so copies (those afterwards were already available in pdf) and making them available to our members at modest cost on CD.

My point is that perhaps the club could do a similar job and release the back catalogue on CD/DVD for those interested enough to browse through. Thereafter a yearly update. Or maybe some enterprising individual could arrange to do that on behalf of the club in their spare time with a percentage of the profit? It won't be me by the way, too much else to do :)