New Signage at HP (the latest pasty thread :) ) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Signage at HP (the latest pasty thread :) )

Your favourite pasty?

• Ivor Dewdney

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Ginsters

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • The Gorge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Oggy Oggy

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Pilgrim Pasties

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Dashers

• Friary Mill

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Warren’s

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Lewis

• Philip’s

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Henderson

• Chaucer Way

• Anne’s

• Homemade

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
falmouthgreen":3ityj7mc said:
GINSTERS IS NOT A TRUE CORNISH PASTY!

Taste the real thing almost anywhere else in Cornwall.

No thanks.

All I'm going to say is that when I was in the store last week, we had just won 7 straight. I bought a Ginsters (homesick - you take what you can get), and we promptly drew. I haven't bought one since, and we won away at Orient.

I'm not sure more evidence is required as to the effect Ginsters have on our results.

Aug 15, 2008
If you stand outside the Ginsters factory at Callington it smells nice..... then when you eat them the taste does not marry up to that smell....

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
They taste ten times better when the first come out of the oven and are still pipping hot than what you buy in the supermarkets.Once gone cold and wrapped in their little plastic film bags best left on the shelf. :thumbdown:

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
For what it's worth, when you're hundreds of miles from the westcountry and Ginsters is the only option, it's about 1000% better an oggie than any other variants normally available from supermarkets/petrol stations etc. I'm always pleased to see them available and will usually go for one.

Obviously I'd prefer a 'proper pasty' etc if living in the Westcountry, but I think the rep they get is a bit undeserved given they cover the whole of the UK!

Jul 29, 2010
You're so right Chepstow, it's all a very 'League of Gentlemen' response fron many... "local pastys, for local people'.

There's a huge national aspect to Ginsters that seems lost on the more parochial Devon and Cornwall based mindset which is fixated on pasty quality and sweeps the strong westcountry branding, all their other products, the umpty thrumpty million pound turnover, the local job creation and infinately higher profile association firmly under the carpet.

They're a great company to be linked/associated to on a national level, it's a shame many can't see a bigger picture for want of looking beyond the parish boundary.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Verte":2hpssda0 said:
If you stand outside the Ginsters factory at Callington it smells nice..... then when you eat them the taste does not marry up to that smell....

Surely there's more to life than standing outside the Ginsters factory in Callington? Each to there own :greensmile:

Feb 28, 2016
GreenArmy1984":3ujh6q1z said:
Big Ginsters advertising under Plymouth Argyle Welcomes You To Home Park signage

"Tackle A Ginsters Green Army"

Looks impressive

drove past it on the way to the U18s out Tavy, I thought it looked cheap and tacky, vulgar even.