Noone told he can leave. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Noone told he can leave.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If DA thinks he can re-create Noone's old 'spark' with his training regime, he may well be able to arrange a mutually beneficial deal. He is still only 29.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
davie nine":1l2kma03 said:
If DA thinks he can re-create Noone's old 'spark' with his training regime, he may well be able to arrange a mutually beneficial deal. He is still only 29.

He would also be handy in re-roofing the Old Grandstand, given his occupation prior to Argyle extracting him from non-League football.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Don't look back... never get that philosophy.

If players are linked because they are good enough then why not. I don't think DA is the sentimental type and as he's only been here a few years will only buy players who will improve the squad.

If that happens to be someone who was here previously, why not? Would you turn down Noone, Mason, Bolasie, Puncheon etc purely on the basis they had worn green before?

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
This lad has played in the Premiership, been successful at the Championship level for some time and he is not yet 30.

Wages aside, I would be amazed if he came back to a club as geographically isolated as we are, having just come up from league 2 after a promotion season where we often came a long way short of the standard necessary for league 1.

For anyone saying 'no thanks' to Noone, who on earth do you think we will get instead? I suspect nearly every club in League 1 would be willing to take him on if the wages were affordable and probably a lot of bottom half championship clubs. I would love to get him in, but we are still a long way off being able to tempt proven Championship players down to Home Park.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Agreed, the same applies to chances of Joe Mason returning, fantastic if it happens, but highly unlikely I would of thought. More likely lower half of Scottish Prem standard being the current level.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
BHS":1qbiausk said:
Steve Evans":1qbiausk said:
i am generally against returning players/managers.it rarely works out apart from the legend that is sir tommy tynan.
Trigger?
Definitely. I have rarely seen a better example of top-class coaching making a player improve so much. Although several moves did not work for him he was still so much better technically when he returned.