On the road to Wembley | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

On the road to Wembley

We were looking at the Conference play-off final as my wife's a Grimsby fan. Decided against going in the end (glad we did as it was a disappointing end to the match) but tickets for that one were £41. Wonder why League 2 is cheaper?

M

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Martin_Brock":1cxtyw4g said:
We were looking at the Conference play-off final as my wife's a Grimsby fan. Decided against going in the end (glad we did as it was a disappointing end to the match) but tickets for that one were £41. Wonder why League 2 is cheaper?

M

only paid £36 for our tickets in the Rovers end it depends where you sit how much the seats were, perhaps they had already sold out of the cheaper seats when you looked

T

t._green

Pottypilgrim":1xcjq5v9 said:
IJN":1xcjq5v9 said:
It's not about attendances though is it?

We know the Green Army is great once mobilised.

It's what is on the pitch that is important. I saw two games and on both occasions Wycombe wanted it (all of them) more than our players.

Wycombe are tinpot, but there players would die for the cause. From what I witnessed, only a few fall into that category for us.

This is why I want Sheridan to go. Desire, passion and the willingness to bust your bo**ocks comes from the manager. One of his problems is that he believes that once players step over that white line there's nothing more he can really do which is utter tosh. He may not be able to actually make the pass or put the ball in the net but he can ignite a fire in their bellies from the touchline. Just another example of his limitations as far as I'm concerned.
I know people have their reasons for not wanting Holloway back but for me he is one of the best managers we have had here in a long while. He could see a decent player and he could also get that extra 10% out of them that would get us the 3 points.

Whilst what you say is undoubtedly true, one small detail undermines the whole argument. Despite saying otherwise, he walked out on us when a better offer came up. Who's to say that wouldn't happen again, particularly if his ambition conflicted with what the club could afford. However, I'll admit, it was fun while it lasted