Once a Prat, Always a Prat (Stansfield) | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Once a Prat, Always a Prat (Stansfield)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Defo a prat although I imagine our perception of him is somewhat altered because of some of the songs our morons have sung. Would I want him in our forward line? Hell yeah. That boy is talented.

A brilliant player, even with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Reactions: memory man

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Sep 2, 2018
Basel
Do you think you would have?
I know everyone is different and that I can't possibly comment on how awful it must have been for him - but I do know of a number of people who lost parents in their childhood who don't appear to have such obvious chips on their shoulders and I don't think it excuses you to end up like a nasty piece of work

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I know everyone is different and that I can't possibly comment on how awful it must have been for him - but I do know of a number of people who lost parents in their childhood who don't appear to have such obvious chips on their shoulders and I don't think it excuses you to end up like a nasty piece of work

Based on personal experience (not me, but someone close at such a young age) you simply cannot imagine. Is it really any surprise that the fact that some of our idiot fans used it against him has given him a reason to hate us? Yes it’s an over reaction, irrational or whatever you might think. But, ‘nasty piece of work’? Really? Based on a T-shirt and some gestures at a football match. Honestly, some of you need to have a period of reflection.

Oct 24, 2013
I have walked out of HP early once in my life. It was maybe 2013/14 when we played them up the road in what I think what is now the EFL Trophy. So-called Argyle ‘fans’ chanted ‘Adam Stansfield - he’s better off dead’. By my reckoning, Jay would’ve been 12 or 13.

No wonder the lad hates us.

Reactions: Greencat26

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Football's a funny old game. Once we get our new manager in, imagine if we tried to sign him on a season long loan.

No doubting his quality. I wonder if he would take up such an offer?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Football's a funny old game. Once we get our new manager in, imagine if we tried to sign him on a season long loan.

No doubting his quality. I wonder if he would take up such an offer?

I think I’d actually lose respect for him if that happened. He can’t stand us, and that’s OK, that’s football.

Each to one's own opinion and all, but some of the chants I heard after his father passed were just fkn disgusting and every single sack who partook is an absolute embarrassment to the club - as mitigation goes, that's a perfectly understandable reason for his apparent hatred for the club.

Personally, I'd rather he didn't lower himself to play in front of a small gaggle of scumbags hiding amongst the masses of normal people at HP. If those scumbags are happy to so disgustingly insult the memory of a fellow Plymothian - irrespective of his employer while just kicking a fkn bladder - then they aren't worthy in my eyes of calling themselves decent examples of Plymothians - they are beneath contempt.

In terms of the significance then and now, it sits worse for some than for others. I will not judge those who are more accepting and/or forgiving of the embarrassments to this club, nor will I ever criticise Jay Stansfield for the bitterness he feels towards a club who's support is so cheapened by dirt who become so utterly dumb and feral when the stadium vibe gives them 'Bovver' moments.

Very good player who will do well and I for one wish him all the best.