Once a Prat, Always a Prat (Stansfield) | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Once a Prat, Always a Prat (Stansfield)

Mar 30, 2024
I have walked out of HP early once in my life. It was maybe 2013/14 when we played them up the road in what I think what is now the EFL Trophy. So-called Argyle ‘fans’ chanted ‘Adam Stansfield - he’s better off dead’. By my reckoning, Jay would’ve been 12 or 13.

No wonder the lad hates us.
Stansfield has been caught in a sad and unfortunate situation. The chants you mention are terrible but it has to be said that this whole crap show was started by Exeter fans mocking the death of Alan Nicholls in a motor cycle crash-they didn't cover themselves in glory by some of the things chanted about Bradley Wright Phillips mother either, although that spectacularly backfired on them. Start these things and retaliation will follow, same as in the Manchester United/Liverpool exchanges about Munich and Hillsborough-not excusing it, it's totally pathetic that football should invoke such vitriol but that's the way of it sadly.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
I wonder if he will be loaned out again next season.
Having suffered relegation with Birmingham and the previous loan to Exeter he might be sufficiently toughened up for a Premiership debut.

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
The old saying is “you do your talking on the pitch”.

I don’t know if he was getting any gip from the fans in the away game, but after he scored (a great goal) he certainly made a point of riling the away end.

And the T-shirt at HP was so immature. If players can get fined for showing a T-shirt with a brand logo then something clearly intended to antagonise the crowd should have got him a one-game ban. The lad needs to grow up - hopefully still on loan in the lower leagues.

Sep 6, 2006
Football's a funny old game. Once we get our new manager in, imagine if we tried to sign him on a season long loan.

No doubting his quality. I wonder if he would take up such an offer?
Think I know the answer to that!

May 16, 2016
Has everyone else forgotten the Devonport end display in honour of his Father ? I'm also sure more than a few pence made its way North to support the charity set up in his memory.

Castigate our brain dead morons by all means, but we shouldn't let the minority cloud the memory of the majority positive responses that were sent his and their clubs way from our neck of the woods. They're obsessed with us enough, only ever wish us ill while ignoring the good from us and the equally bad from them. He'd do well to consider that as well.

Potentially a very good player but his career needs to stop being based on loans. He might have more reason than most to have a genuine dislike of our club (although it's literally a minority of idiots), life is rubbish at times but our hardships are never an excuse to behave like an idiot.

Aug 16, 2021
Just watched the Birmingham highlights again … Joe Edwards!
Be interesting to see if Stansfield cuts it now at the very top … or will get snapped up by an attack-minded Championship club with potential 🤔 time for a new colour after red white and blue lol

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
I’d have him playing in a green shirt in a heartbeat- quality player.
As a player I agree, but I can’t see that happening on any level given the back story around his dad / argyle etc. he’s made his point aroujd “once a read always a red” and it would never happen

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
We are talking a tiny minority of total idiots which every club have. Hardly fair to tar Argyle fans with that brush.
Oh and I agree but he won’t see it that way would be? To him, that’s what we will represent / think. I’d wager if I was him you’d struggle to make the distinction.

Absolutely correct that those songs represent only a tiny section of the fan base

Reactions: whitleigh lad

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Having had a quick glance at their forum, surely there's a huge amount of irony in calling Argyle 'tinpot' for celebrating staying in the championship after back back home wins against the eventual champions and a play off chasing team, but also having two separate threads on your forum about the last day in our division and hoping an ex player puts us down.
Tinpot much?
Maybe if Stanfield had spent less time embroidering t shirts and more time on the training ground he'd have scored a few more goals and kept them up.