Our attack | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our attack

Jan 27, 2006
Ryan needs 6 weeks off and Morgan needs to stop letting thoughts of 20 league goals influence his decisions.

If Forshaw isn’t fit then I guess we‘re going to need Alfie Devine to step up as he’s the only one with any likelihood of getting the ball forward with any quality.

Feb 10, 2024
If we stay up and don’t recruit well we are in huge trouble next season. The teams coming up are stronger than the ones going down. Right now I can see us being the Rotherham of next season. Really hope there’s some budget to get some championship quality players in and probably about 9 of them
Boys done great to get us up give them some credit . Most clubs are basically bankrupt or spending money they don’t have in the champ .

Feb 10, 2024
It's a good question.

I fear that his value has plummeted in the 2nd half of the season.

We should still be able to get £10 million for him but 4 months ago I thought his valuation would have been around double that.
Morgan stayed with us rather than snake off like some…. Confidence is obviously a problem at the minute.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
The injury to Gyabi did us no favours and Forshaw's injury didn't look good today. Caleb did OK but he is young and still lightweight for this level. For me we have to go 3 in CM if that means going 4 ATB or 2 upfront so be it. Devine did OK today in a pretty dismal team performance.

Reactions: philevs and Tugboat
Jan 23, 2024
Hardie had a total of 18 touches today, and his confidence looks totally destroyed. He is also looking very leggy after his huge workload and total commitment.
He should be on the bench and either Waine or Issaka starting next Saturday with Bundu, to give us some initial energy and the possibility of him coming on for the last 20-30 minutes against a tiring defense.
Whittaker is also a problem. After about 20 minutes today he was a disaster. But as we have seen all season, he can just score something special, which might well be all we need in one of these last 2 games. Even so, I think I would have him on the bench next week.
The midfield is where we are really up against it. Totally overrun again today. Surely we have to sacrifice at least one of the wide midfielders/wing backs?
I'd like us to play a 3 CM's next week. If Forshaw is fit, I'd play him with Randell and Houghton. If he is not Pleggy with Randell and Houghton. We cannot be overrun again like we were today, and I'm afraid Randell and Houghton are simply just not good enough to hold their own as a midfield 2 in the Championship. They need help.

Feb 10, 2024
That's very harsh. He is getting quite literally no service - Whittaker needs to get his arse in gear and start creating, he's a complete passenger lately.

Hardie is running his guts out every game for no reward - fair play to him for keeping on trying.

Hardie had a total of 18 touches today, and his confidence looks totally destroyed. He is also looking very leggy after his huge workload and total commitment.
He should be on the bench and either Waine or Issaka starting next Saturday with Bundu, to give us some initial energy and the possibility of him coming on for the last 20-30 minutes against a tiring defense.
Whittaker is also a problem. After about 20 minutes today he was a disaster. But as we have seen all season, he can just score something special, which might well be all we need in one of these last 2 games. Even so, I think I would have him on the bench next week.
The midfield is where we are really up against it. Totally overrun again today. Surely we have to sacrifice at least one of the wide midfielders/wing backs?
I'd like us to play a 3 CM's next week. If Forshaw is fit, I'd play him with Randell and Houghton. If he is not Pleggy with Randell and Houghton. We cannot be overrun again like we were today, and I'm afraid Randell and Houghton are simply just not good enough to hold their own as a midfield 2 in the Championship. They need help.
They do need help, 2 doesn’t work and hasn’t for a while . We need to flood the midfield imo .work harder out of possession and be tough to break down and look to nick a winner on the counter. What we should have done today.

Reactions: Dorset Green
Sep 3, 2011
Dewsnip and Nance have just continued with Hardie just like Foster did. Infact it's even worse now. How long can you continue with something that's simply not working? Blindly heading into League One.

Reactions: Balham Green
Jan 16, 2024
Agree with many other posters that a midfield 3 is needed. In respect of attack if Hardie is to be kept playing what about off an old fashioned target man....perhaps Phillips is worth a go up top, to be physical and hold the ball up.

May 28, 2015
Dewsnip and Nance have just continued with Hardie just like Foster did. Infact it's even worse now. How long can you continue with something that's simply not working? Blindly heading into League One.
The problem is you either put on Ben waine who none of the last 3 people in charge of the team have seen as good enough to properly challenge Hardie, or you play a young freddie Issaka who unless the ball goes in behind will offer nothing either due to his size up against centre backs in this league. Its not right to continue with Hardie but we also don’t really have many other options. Recruitment in January was dreadful

Sep 6, 2006
They do need help, 2 doesn’t work and hasn’t for a while . We need to flood the midfield imo .work harder out of possession and be tough to break down and look to nick a winner on the counter. What we should have done today.
Exactly. Like we did v Leicester.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire

You sound like an Ian Foster team talk.(Only kidding ;))