Oxford V Mansfield Tuesday Night | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oxford V Mansfield Tuesday Night

Apr 18, 2009
0 - 0 and Mansfield get two points deducted for not getting international clearance for their wonder Cornish striker. Paperwork stuck in the fax at Truro. Mansfield also have keeper sent off. Hope their reserve keeper gets tested fully on Saturday!

W

Welwyn_green

Good question papa....have to say Mansfield. Let's get out of this league!! I don't see us catching Northampton and I wouldn't feel hard done by if Oxford came second, good team.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
This weekend's games could have the effect of opening up a significant gap between the top 3 and the play-off contenders or it could tighten things up between the top 6.

Regardless of tomorrow nights result at Oxford, it's essential that we beat Mansfield on Saturday; then if Portsmouth were to beat Bristol Rovers at Fratton Park there will be clear blue water between us and the chasing pack going into the final third of the season.

T

Tynan's Dad

Green Rhino":1l1jdcxc said:
LG":1l1jdcxc said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":1l1jdcxc said:
So Oxford to win and get closer to us and leave the gap as it is between us and Mansfiekd back in 5th or or Mansfield to win to get a morale boosting victory before Saturday and they close the gap on the automatic places...

I'd want an Oxford victory....I want promotion whether as Champions or not..
Hows about a 20 man brawl with both sides deducted points?

Name the two cowards!!!!

One goalkeeper is lying sparked out in the penalty box. One player already sent off.

Aug 13, 2009
2-2 I'll take that but would have preferred an Oxford win ( I don't want too many teams in a dogfight for promotion)
Now we need to beat Mansfield on Saturday and get 4 points from our two games in hand and that should be enough to finish in front of them at the end of the season
It's starting to bunch up below third position now, but 9 points to 4th (if we beat Mansfield ) is going to be hard to make up

C

Chunkymonkey2

Happy with the draw , would rather be 2nd then 3rd , don't want someone tugging on our shirts from 4th place

Feb 2, 2007
I would defend that crowd number. Freezing cold rainy night after several high profile cup ties- sell outs v Swansea, Blackburn and nearly v, Millwall and a trip to Wembley. I think most Oxford fans would be skint by now- they also have leaders and more local-ish rivals Northampton next week.

Mansfield took 137 on the "long trip" south!

Not one to normally have a go at other teams attendances, we certainly don't maximise our catchment area. However, a little over 5000 fans for a league match against a team in the playoffs is a fairly abysmal turn out for a team challenging automatic promotion. As Nick says, I certainly think Oxfords cup runs are affecting their performance in the league, and it would also seem their attendances. One positive from our rather fleeting appearences in the cups this season.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
5,300 isn't great but I doubt if we would have had much more than 6,000 in similar weather conditions, with cup games and a Wembley date and a bigger game a few days later. Do they include non attending season ticket holders like us? I would guess so as it seems the norm now.