Parking around Home Park (merged) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Parking around Home Park (merged)

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Don't really understand the fuss. I've lived in Trelawney Road for five years. You just don't move your car on matchday. The football ground has been there for 125 years, so living in the area and moaning about parking on matchdays is like living near Heathrow and moaning about the planes.

Aug 3, 2017
landons forehead":3kttp1ik said:
Don't really understand the fuss. I've lived in Trelawney Road for five years. You just don't move your car on matchday. The football ground has been there for 125 years, so living in the area and moaning about parking on matchdays is like living near Heathrow and moaning about the planes.

Actually agree with the last sentence.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
landons forehead":2ufo0wyw said:

They didn't allow supporters to park their cars there in the 1890's though. They're just re-instating historical precedence. ;)

Jul 29, 2012
Unless I'm missing something I can't see there is a massive effect . The roads off Outland Road - Bellair / Onslow etc don't seem to be affected nor the roads off Peverell Park Road . I also can't see that the roads to the immediate south of Central Park are affected other than those by the sorting office .

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Doc, I agree. I live in Peverell, there is plenty of Saturday parking. The issue is some people expect to turn up at 1455 and have parking outside the ground.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
landons forehead":309t7sqo said:

I used to live right next to Heathrow. Never moaned about the planes but we did get permit holders only parking because of the people who used to park there and go on holiday or park there and go to work when there were perfectly acceptable car parks provided. So I do have sympathy for the local residents to Home Park who have now got parking controls in place. Personally, I use the Park & Ride from The George now.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
No there's not

Nov 16, 2006
chappers16":3gfd85tp said:
Did anyone have any problem for last home game
Not really a problem, except I arrived at 12:30pm and I couldn't find a space in Central Park. Having to travel around a hundred miles every home match, it's a little frustrating, but I'm no more entitled to a space than anyone. It appears that now we are in league one, the car park will full up earlier. However this may be due to August being a holiday month and more people using Park and Ride.
I guess I will leave home later, forget the car park and find street parking, after looking at a street map of Plymouth, and walk.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
onthegreen":3gkvtb76 said:
chappers16":3gkvtb76 said:
Did anyone have any problem for last home game
Not really a problem, except I arrived at 12:30pm and I couldn't find a space in Central Park. Having to travel around a hundred miles every home match, it's a little frustrating, but I'm no more entitled to a space than anyone. It appears that now we are in league one, the car park will full up earlier. However this may be due to August being a holiday month and more people using Park and Ride.
I guess I will leave home later, forget the car park and find street parking, after looking at a street map of Plymouth, and walk.
You could park in Plympton and catch the Target special bus.