Parkway today | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Parkway today

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
What is required to be "suitable"? Surely lots of grounds have floodlights and changing rooms. Anything is better than nothing at this point? If a match is played 50 miles from Plymouth its not as if 500 people are suddenly going to turn up...
It's got to meet FA Ground Grading for the level. If it doesn't they can't play there.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
They asked two clubs, one in their division and one above if they could play some games at their ground but got refused and they asked the Southern League if they could play some games at Coach Road but the league said no because it didn’t have that much seating stands

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Nice idea. However a pitch 'fit for rugby' might not be so good for football. Yes, I know there are teams which ground share but....

Also, there would be some necessary messing around with pitch markings and .... what if the ball goes over the goal but between the posts? How many points?!

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Another postponement for Parkway. Tonight's match at Hanwell Town has been called off. They're due to have a home game against Merthyr Town on Thursday.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
But unfortunately they're on a bit of a losing run atm.

Arranged to play the next 2 'home' games at Yate FC, they lost the first 1 -3 against Merthyr - who travelled less than half the distance than Parkway did.

Oct 10, 2012
Really feel for the regular supporters and the hard working volunteers. Not a nice situation at all.

Hope they get their games played before the end of the season.

Pure stupidity by the FA not to allow them to play at more local grounds which are suitable for the league below.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Parkway's 'home' game vs Hayes & Yeading - which was going to be played at Yate's ground in Gloucestershire - now called off.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
You couldn't make it up! Poor Parkway.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Sorry if I have missed this but surely they have approached torquay?!

Not sure but they did approach 2 clubs asking them to play at their ground but got refused from both

Reactions: Fergy
Oct 10, 2012
Not sure but they did approach 2 clubs asking them to play at their ground but got refused from both
I’m assuming that’s based on their recent statement? If so, I think you’ve misread it.

Tavistock approached Parkway to offer our ground but due to ground grading it was rejected by the FA / Southern League.

It’s majorly unlikely but if Tavistock got promoted we’d be in the same league that Parkway are in so I don’t understand why the FA can’t make an exception given the circumstances.

Apologies in advance if you wasn’t referring to that statement.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I’m assuming that’s based on their recent statement? If so, I think you’ve misread it.

Tavistock approached Parkway to offer our ground but due to ground grading it was rejected by the FA / Southern League.

It’s majorly unlikely but if Tavistock got promoted we’d be in the same league that Parkway are in so I don’t understand why the FA can’t make an exception given the circumstances.

Apologies in advance if you wasn’t referring to that statement.

It wasn’t a club statement but what their manager said to Plymouth Live

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth