Peter Hartley | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Peter Hartley

Oct 14, 2015
In my opinion Hartley wasn't the worst player at Cambridge.....that honour went to Jervis.....followed closely by Sawyer who was to blame for one or if not both goals......

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Welwyn Pilgrim":341cn0mu said:
In my opinion Hartley wasn't the worst player at Cambridge.....that honour went to Jervis.....followed closely by Sawyer who was to blame for one or if not both goals......

I agree with that. Football is all about opinions but I didn't think Hartley was the worst player against Cambridge, far from it.

Oct 28, 2011
Norwich
Argy1e":2ts7w09t said:
Jackleslie_21":2ts7w09t said:
Argy1e":2ts7w09t said:
MannameadGreen":2ts7w09t said:
Take Saturday for example - everyone saying "we conceded twice when McHugh was off-the-pitch". It's true, and I don't want to do down McHugh who's an excellent player for us, but Hartley went off at the same time as McHugh, and that hardly got mentioned.
Hartley was awful on Saturday.

Can't see how you think Hartley was awful Saturday :crazy: he had a decent game until he went off! I swear our fans are delusional sometimes, the amount of times I go to match and come back and odd balls on here are slating them!
You must have been watching a different game to me, Hartley was the worst player on the pitch and everyone around me or even people I spoke to afterwards all agreed. Well, apart from the the bloke stood behind me, but he spent the entire first half moaning that we were playing 4-4-2 when it was 3-5-2 so I have no idea what he was watching either.

It' definitely wasn't me behind you :lol: I didn't think he was that bad, first half we were up against it but he wasn't any worse than anybody else, football is all about opinions and I respect yours :thumbup:

Oct 28, 2011
Norwich
Cobi Budge.":1y0n3x9t said:
Can't agree Jack, we must have been at different games. I'm usually a big Peter Hartley fan but he was without doubt the worst player on the pitch, and as Argy1e says, most around me were saying the same thing.

Just didn't think he was any worse than sawyer or mellor who apart from going forward looked like a lost sheep! Did you see his wild lunge in the corner first half when the player was going to no mans land, or when sawyer got done with a bounce even though he had about 10 yards on the fella! I cant recall any shockers from Hartley! I grant you against dag red Peter had probably the worst game I've seen from him in a green shirt, but again first half we played like parkway!
On his day when we are playing well and organised, Hartley is an absolute Rock 85% of the time! I just feel he wasn't as bad as you and as you say the majority or the away end at Cambridge by the sound of it, :greensmile:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Jackleslie_21":3ayuefy4 said:
Cobi Budge.":3ayuefy4 said:
Can't agree Jack, we must have been at different games. I'm usually a big Peter Hartley fan but he was without doubt the worst player on the pitch, and as Argy1e says, most around me were saying the same thing.

Just didn't think he was any worse than sawyer or mellor who apart from going forward looked like a lost sheep! Did you see his wild lunge in the corner first half when the player was going to no mans land, or when sawyer got done with a bounce even though he had about 10 yards on the fella! I cant recall any shockers from Hartley! I grant you against dag red Peter had probably the worst game I've seen from him in a green shirt, but again first half we played like parkway!
On his day when we are playing well and organised, Hartley is an absolute Rock 85% of the time! I just feel he wasn't as bad as you and as you say the majority or the away end at Cambridge by the sound of it, :greensmile:
It wasn't the majority of the away end. We thought he was okay too. As it's been said, it's all about opinions. Some people see the game differently to others, while some spend half the time on their phones.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
This is how I see Hartley as a player and the system which suits him.
Under Sheridan we have a very mean defense playing 5 at the back. It suits him much more than 4 at the back. The other thing with player 4 at the back with Sawyer at LB is that between them they don't have the pace to cover each other. They are very good positionally at this level. When we play 5 across the back mistakes often get covered by the extra defender and last season that was McHugh.
I agree with many in that he is certainly the most vocal in the team (or loudest)! He was tearing into Houghton before the freekick that led to the Daggers 2nd goal to get into position which he never did.
I like Hartley but he does need the right players around him to enable his strengths to shine. (You could say that about most players!)

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
lilcol":lxe6vd9j said:
Josh Pope":lxe6vd9j said:
I agree with resting him but think he's been class generally this season. Above Nelson based on this season basically.

Class he most definitely is not. As a league 2 player he is adequate. A strong tackler and header of the ball and a good organiser. On the downside, he lacks pace and his distribution is often poor. I would choose Nelson before him every time.
This for me albeit based on limited opportunities to see him. Remember he has been in two relegated league 1 teams and let go. I think for all his attributes his weaknesses would be found out even more in the higher division.

N

NorfolkGreen

The team is defending poorly as a whole, suggesting it is one players fault is harsh to say the least. I think we would be a poorer team without Hartley and defending corners isn't the preserve of CB's only, goals from them can be due to a number of factors, even full backs.

Dec 3, 2005
NorfolkGreen":3ut0x8ma said:
The team is defending poorly as a whole, suggesting it is one players fault is harsh to say the least. I think we would be a poorer team without Hartley and defending corners isn't the preserve of CB's only, goals from them can be due to a number of factors, even full backs.

Exactly - goals conceded are usually down to a team effort - someone in midfield or attack giving the ball away initially, and the full back gets it in the neck for allowing the oppositon to cross or the goalie for not covering his post, yes they are mistakes but so is the initial 'giving the ball away'.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Sorry, I was at Cambridge, No way was Hartley the worst player on the pitch. Not at his best, but neither were mccormick, jervis, sawyer or houghton.