Pitch Invasions | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pitch Invasions

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That old Eastville stand used to sway so much, Im sure it moved a few feet each time.

Oct 10, 2012
Thank god some of you don't support a Premiership team. Never see a single person in an away end sat down!

Fwiw, I enjoy standing at away games. Not so much at home games.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Carlo":2diesjq5 said:
Thank god some of you don't support a Premiership team. Never see a single person in an away end sat down!

Fwiw, I enjoy standing at away games. Not so much at home games.

At Southend there is no choice. The rows are so close there is no leg room to sit down. Standing is mandatory!!

Jan 3, 2013
IJN":2dc0djhm said:
Knarf Reprah":2dc0djhm said:
loyal1970":2dc0djhm said:
Knarf Reprah":2dc0djhm said:
No pitch invasions, and SIT DOWN you can't see any better
stay at home and sit in ur armchair and watch football then.

Typical blinkered selfish opinion. I went to Grimsby with the senior greens, 15 hours on a coach and some of the old boys didn't see any of the match because the likes of you insisted on ignorantly standing.
Wait until you're aged.......

He's only a few years behind you Frank.

Read my post again, I'm talking about the infirm

Feb 28, 2016
jimsing":5b5a5onc said:
In this day and age, pitch invasions can put the footballers on the pitch in serious harm. Who's to say that someone with a knife does not use the invasion as cover to do harm to one or more of the footballers on the pitch.

You can certainly see where the EFL are coming from and Martin Starnes is rightly coming out on the side of the footballer staff, and pitch invasions must somehow be prevented.

The fanbase rightly want to celebrate another end of the season, and some Clubs will be celebrating something more.

From a Health and Safety point of view, Pitch Invasions should not be allowed, but they seem to be a problem that cannot at present be readily resolved easily.

In this day and age a nutter with a knife (or bomb) is just as likely to want to kill as many people as possible regardless if they are player or spectator. What steps are being taken to reduce the chances of anyone being killed/harmed at football match?

Whilst remaining neutral in the sit/stand debate if today(I can see both sides view and have my own preference but believe both sides should be catered for, where possible as at most grounds with terracing for away fans also allow seating to be given to away fans, that is the choice we should be striving for IMO)

The thing that really annoys me is who do the League need to have a meeting in Portugal? Are we spending money as a club to send out Starnes? Are the League spending our money we give them or should get off TV deals to fly out the CEOs? Or are the likes of Starnes having to unfairly pay out their own pockets? Why could this meeting not have took place in either London or the Midlands?