Pitch | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pitch

Sep 6, 2006
esmer":2ahnyk3w said:
Pogleswoody":2ahnyk3w said:
Voice_of_Reason":2ahnyk3w said:
DA's answer to why is right up there with the "wrong type of snow" as complete an utter fiction.

Never would any footballing side want the pitch smaller, fair enough if you are Barcelona or Early Wenger Arsenal, when the passing is so good it doesn't matter.

Small pitches counter act pace and width, judging by his summer signings, DA may have made the right decision in the best interests of Plymouth Argyle, but dont ever try and sell it as trying to improve the standard of football and viewing - because that is xxxxxxxx

Yes it is nonsense isn't it!! I used to play (low level!) in midfield and liked to pass the ball, the idea that less space is better? :crazy: The ball moves faster than any player so pinging a couple of 1-2s can take players out of the game. Pinging the ball 10 yards instead of 5 is going to tire the opposition much quicker, playing tight passes 'late' means you're going to get whacked more often too (Sorry Ref I wuz committed!!)

No sorry - does not compute!!
The idea is if, as you say, passing is more difficult the team with the better passers will benefit. It's commendable that Adams is set on a passing style of football and he has signed players and is developing the team to play that way. Let's hope he is successful because, although we have made a stuttering start to the season if he gets it right we could be in for a treat.

Makes no sense. If you want to play passing football a smaller pitch makes it easier for the opposition to nullify.

Jan 27, 2012
Making the pitch smaller is something that long-ball merchants like doing.

I remember John Beck of Cambridge United (the most extreme long-ball manager ever) doing the same thing.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Balham_Green":2tgmttlx said:
esmer":2tgmttlx said:
Pogleswoody":2tgmttlx said:
Voice_of_Reason":2tgmttlx said:
DA's answer to why is right up there with the "wrong type of snow" as complete an utter fiction.

Never would any footballing side want the pitch smaller, fair enough if you are Barcelona or Early Wenger Arsenal, when the passing is so good it doesn't matter.

Small pitches counter act pace and width, judging by his summer signings, DA may have made the right decision in the best interests of Plymouth Argyle, but dont ever try and sell it as trying to improve the standard of football and viewing - because that is xxxxxxxx

Yes it is nonsense isn't it!! I used to play (low level!) in midfield and liked to pass the ball, the idea that less space is better? :crazy: The ball moves faster than any player so pinging a couple of 1-2s can take players out of the game. Pinging the ball 10 yards instead of 5 is going to tire the opposition much quicker, playing tight passes 'late' means you're going to get whacked more often too (Sorry Ref I wuz committed!!)

No sorry - does not compute!!
The idea is if, as you say, passing is more difficult the team with the better passers will benefit. It's commendable that Adams is set on a passing style of football and he has signed players and is developing the team to play that way. Let's hope he is successful because, although we have made a stuttering start to the season if he gets it right we could be in for a treat.

Makes no sense. If you want to play passing football a smaller pitch makes it easier for the opposition to nullify.

It also enables the home team to nullify the away team who pitch-up to try and play passing football. Quid pro quo?