Play at Home Park?! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Play at Home Park?!

Jul 11, 2011
What a great experience that was. Hats off to the people that make this happen.

Great game of football played in good spirits.

Warren Feeney was brilliant and had a great sense of humour.

Also a wonder goal scored.

Well done argyle!! Hope I am fitter for next year.

P

Positively Green

A thoroughly enjoyable and fun event to watch and a great opportunity for those who played. Well done to them and all the organisers.

BREAKING NEWS:

The Tuesday night jinx is now broken! The men in green narrowly beat the men in white.

:scarf:

PS: our thanks PASOTI for the auction which enabled us to be a part of this memorable evening which was our finale of the 2016/17 season.

Dec 21, 2010
Yes a fabulous experience, particularly at my age, when you score the winning goal ! Sign me on Derek. You know it makes sense.

Dec 1, 2008
mainstone plymouth
My son Alex Peters enjoyed it (number 9 white team). Some of those tackles though were a bit unnecessary considering his size and the man mountains he was up against.My view not his. He is still beaming from the experience.

Jul 11, 2011
petersm":fn3ggzfl said:
My son Alex Peters enjoyed it (number 9 white team). Some of those tackles though were a bit unnecessary considering his size and the man mountains he was up against.My view not his. He is still beaming from the experience

I agree that considering it was a friendly some of the challenges were very physical (generally fair in footballing terms but possibly not required). I was worried about a couple of the more mature players at times.

I (white number 7) like to think I was competitive but I definitely made sure stayed on my feet around any mature, young or female players.

Hope it didn't spoil his game and hope his leg is ok today.

Dec 21, 2010
Are you suggesting that I (Bob of Green Team #4) am mature ? My wife tells me I'm the most immature man of my age she knows for taking part. BUT I bloody well enjoyed it !!!

Apr 30, 2011
Brilliant evening, really enjoyed it.

Ref the above posts - there were some tackles going in from both sides. I don't think there was anything malicious at any point and the game was played in the right spirit througout. I caught white number 11 a couple of time and he did the same but we both apologised straight away and had a good laugh during the game. The older more hefty players (myself being one of them) will mistime tackles as the brain doesn't realise that the body is no longer up to it. I think the pitch being so wet and slippery made some of the tackles look worse than they actually were. I was green number 2.

Jul 11, 2011
Sorry Bob I have given you that label, and all credit and respect for being out there! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be. I noticed you got bowled over at one point and took it well.

I agree number 2 you had a great battle with our number 11 and no challenges were malicious at all. And I agree when you get older you still think you can run like sunny Bradley when in reality it's more like taribo west in total denial. Just felt sorry for Jame (number 9) as being young and quick he took a few of the biggest hits. On a plus side it is a good introduction to adults football where his career has just begun. He played really well and capped it off with a great assist.

Dec 21, 2010
Has anyone got any pictures or short videos of the event prior to the USB sticks being sent out ? Would be good to see anything on UTube or Facebook.

Feb 6, 2016
What a great evening well organised and brilliant fun! Well done to all of the players on an entertaining match. My son really enjoyed it (Green #11) - particularly scoring in the first minute at the Barn Park end!!

I took a few photos of the match so will see if I can post a couple on here