Promotion Push | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Promotion Push

Apr 9, 2016
I think that we now have to accept the reality that it will be the play-offs again. Can't see us picking up a positive result at Fratton Park.
Northampton are the best team as they have a great squad. Oxford arguably have the best eleven. Accrington Stanley were very unlucky to lose at Home Park and deserve automatic promotion given their small budget. My worry is that having been top three for so long, how will the Argyle players react to a play-off challenge?

May 1, 2011
Ade the green":6ypps0kd said:
Yeah, but we were hoping a win yesterday would give us impetus into next weeks game. That hasn't happened and it inconceivable that straws being clutched will always come good.

This current malaise around the club is as bad as any I remember in 30 years of ups and downs and impossible to think of 5th as being as bad as it is.

5th in the table but it's form that matters and we are currently in the bottom 5 since January, like you say it is really bad.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Bristol Rich":3dcok7yu said:
Ade the green":3dcok7yu said:
Yeah, but we were hoping a win yesterday would give us impetus into next weeks game. That hasn't happened and it inconceivable that straws being clutched will always come good.

This current malaise around the club is as bad as any I remember in 30 years of ups and downs and impossible to think of 5th as being as bad as it is.

5th in the table but it's form that matters and we are currently in the bottom 5 since January, like you say it is really bad.

No it doesn't.

At this stage in the season, the only thing that matters is results.

Form counts for nothing.

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
On form and over the last five matches, our next 3 opponents are towards the bottom of the table including orient, who most seem to feel will be the toughest game. For me, Hartlepool at home on the last day will be our hardest. Not that the others are given!

May 4, 2015
I think 2 wins from our last 3 will be enough and anything we can get at Cambridge will be a bonus. Could be a tense old fixture last day of the season.

I just hope all this Pompey gloating wont come back to haunt us in the play offs

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Jose446":3fecu4c5 said:
I think 2 wins from our last 3 will be enough and anything we can get at Cambridge will be a bonus. Could be a tense old fixture last day of the season.

I just hope all this Pompey gloating wont come back to haunt us in the play offs

I think Pompey and Leyton Orient will be the standard of opposition we should expect at Cambridge so I see no reason to think that they would be any harder to win at then the last two. Hartlepool as a final game of the season is the one that worries me. Ideally, we'd already have secured one of the auto spots because I reckon 'Pool' will come down here in party mood and being that relaxed might Spring a surprise.

S

sargeant tre-bilko

Ade the green":1e8fap34 said:
Jose446":1e8fap34 said:

I think Pompey and Leyton Orient will be the standard of opposition we should expect at Cambridge so I see no reason to think that they would be any harder to win at then the last two. Hartlepool as a final game of the season is the one that worries me. Ideally, we'd already have secured one of the auto spots because I reckon 'Pool' will come down here in party mood and being that relaxed might Spring a surprise.

Nathan Thomas second half winner anyone? :banghead:

Mar 14, 2009
It could be argued any way now.

Argyle at home to D&R, Accrington playing York at home and Oxford playing Hartlepool.

You would probably say Hartlepool are in form and may cause an upset what with Oxford's home form.

The interesting fixture at the weekend is Exeter and Bristol Rovers. Up until last night Exeter had lost only 1 in 11. However, apart from Argyle they just cant win at home. Yet away from home their form is very good.

Looking at Oxford's fixture you worry unless Wycombe pick up a win against Pompey at the weekend that they will have nothing to play for on the final day of the season. They also have a number of injuries.

So even though Accrington play Wycombe a week on Saturday if Pompey were to beat them I do fear their team spirt will be broken enough knowing they don't have anything to play for.

If I was putting down a bet I would say if Rovers can get past Exeter then themselves and Accrington will get promoted because on paper their fixtures seem to be slightly easier.

Will Argyle revert to a back four? The 3ATB has served us well this season when used. If we change system, even for being at home, I feel that something has to give, like either we don't play 2 up front or Carey isn't in the hole, which doesn't suit the team at all.

Big decision.