Puttng Banton UpFront (or at least another Forward) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Puttng Banton UpFront (or at least another Forward)

L

lewjam14

smalley and Thomas on the wing and Alessandra and Reid upfront try that.
i think Lecointe should get a chance coming on for reid instead of morgan
and richards should come back and play left back

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
We have an abundance of decent No 10's but we don't tend to play that system and the overall balance of the squad doesn't allow it either.

We could have 22 top strikers but as a TEAM we would probably get RELEGATED, its all about a system and a balance of players to play as a TEAM.

JS needs to fill the weak areas with LB and a winger being priority IMHO.

Banton wants to be centre of attention and on the ball more grabbing the limelight - " Keep calm and pass to Banton"

He is not his most effective out on the left wing but nor is Alessandra out on the right.

God forbid we went with a really attacking
3 - 4 - 2 - 1

which I think suits our current personnel even if its a little narrow

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
X Isle":24qh53nj said:
spowell92":24qh53nj said:
Verte":24qh53nj said:
All it needs is Sheridan to tell him - " Once you have beaten your man, cross, pass or Shoot! You do not need to beat him again just to mug him off!"

End Product please :D

Someone clearly said something along those lines to Bolasie. Banton has talent, theres no doubting that. He'll develop into a fine player.

Or he won't. Darren Bastow had talent. Without focus and proper application of talent he'll develop into a fine Xbox player.

Even Xbox players need to know when to pass and when to shoot :greensmile:

Jul 25, 2011
spowell92":1zl4d1bp said:
Verte":1zl4d1bp said:
All it needs is Sheridan to tell him - " Once you have beaten your man, cross, pass or Shoot! You do not need to beat him again just to mug him off!"

End Product please :D

Someone clearly said something along those lines to Bolasie. Banton has talent, theres no doubting that. He'll develop into a fine player.
If-when moved on I've a funny feeling Banton will become more common name in jeff stellings vocabulary as is the way

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
What I'd do to have Buster Phillips back in the team!

Jul 25, 2011
What I'd have done was get him on the roids, just a bit too lightweight. Couldn't of been more than 9 stone wet with boots on

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
with-menace":25atc68v said:
What I'd have done was get him on the roids, just a bit too lightweight. Couldn't of been more than 9 stone wet with boots on

True. It's just that, for me anyway, he (Buster) was one of the very few players that would genuinely get me excited whenever the ball came to him. You just KNEW something was going to happen, very rarely did he not beat his man.

It frustrates me that Banton also has this quality but isn't using it to his potential. He is very talented player and just needs that shove of confidence, similar to whatever Sturrock did to Buster.

Jul 25, 2011
Adam Dyer":u7k3xfio said:
with-menace":u7k3xfio said:

True. It's just that, for me anyway, he (Buster) was one of the very few players that would genuinely get me excited whenever the ball came to him. You just KNEW something was going to happen, very rarely did he not beat his man.

It frustrates me that Banton also has this quality but isn't using it to his potential. He is very talented player and just needs that shove of confidence, similar to whatever Sturrock did to Buster.
Yes I loved his jinking runs too although I can't rember him weighing in with too many goals? Can't remember. He would've flourished in a Dave smith side, I know 442 is something managers are scared to employ now but give me storming wing play every time for entertainment.

C

Cobi Budge.

Apologies but we were much better going forward yesterday without Banton, the reason being the subs didn't feel the need to beat the same player 4 Times before passing, shooting or crossing.

Banton is a a luxury player who can be good but a ridiculous amount of attacks end with Banton.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Cobi Budge.":2etxv10n said:
Apologies but we were much better going forward yesterday without Banton, the reason being the subs didn't feel the need to beat the same player 4 Times before passing, shooting or crossing.

Banton is a a luxury player who can be good but a ridiculous amount of attacks end with Banton.

If it were not for his key goals to save Argyle from relegation during Banton's first loan spell with the club, we would be saved from all this angst as regards his performances since. The more I see him play, I feel he is a luxury, Argyle can ill afford, unlike Cyril Lord's carpets, all those years ago. I acknowledge he is skilled but I wish he was more direct in his play, that is all I ask.

Apr 4, 2004
His best position is at another club. He's not a team player. He could link up and do the pass and move thing but it doesn't even occur to him. For Banton it's all about beating everyone and scoring. If he can't do that he barely contributes. I'm desperate for him to prove me wrong. His abilty to go past people is superb, but it's not enough.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
="ming the merciless For Banton it's all about beating everyone and scoring. If he can't do that he barely contributes. I'm desperate for him to prove me wrong. His abilty to go past people is superb, but it's not enough.

Agree with the bit quoted.

My view is at the moment, Sheridan is trying to find him a place in the team as opposed to Banton earning his selection.

Seen quite a few posters say play him off Reed not wide left. Well he played there at Bury but really wasnt hugely involved. His performance summed up for me when first half he delayed shooting when in space on the edge of their box, he then had to take on another defender, lost the ball and looked to the ref for a free kick after a delayed fall onto the turf.

He is lacking confidence it seems and as a result fails to be decisive or commit people when in possession. To be fair he was part of a poor team performance, but, his style gives the impression that his work rate is low and he is not really one to battle to regain the ball.

More important that Sheridan gets the balance of the team right than tries to shoehorn an out of form player into the side and hope he finds his touch again.