R.I.P John Sparrow | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

R.I.P John Sparrow

May 3, 2023
Hi, John who used to be the owner of Sparrows Newsagents years ago I have learnt last weekend had died. He was a big supporter of the Greens. Some people might know him more than me as he and the wife were Avon customers of mine. I was totally shocked to find out when I called. He was a part of Argyle I believe years ago so if someone can tell me more.
His funeral at Weston Mill on Monday 1.15pm I believe

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
RIP John. Football daft and a good local footballer in his day too. Scored a lot of goals for (perhaps) Spiller Athletic in the Plymouth Combination League. (Can't be 100% sure it was Spillers but I know from bitter experience he was a handful to defend against)

May 3, 2023
RIP John. Football daft and a good local footballer in his day too. Scored a lot of goals for (perhaps) Spiller Athletic in the Plymouth Combination League. (Can't be 100% sure it was Spillers but I know from bitter experience he was a handful to defend against)
I went to his funeral yesterday, not known him very long but big Argyle fan, got him to watch Argyle on ArgyleTV. Found out he used to sponsor Argyle as well, he will be missed.

Reactions: SurreyJanner
May 3, 2016
I was only about 15 years old remember John Sparrow playing cards on the argyle away coaches out would come the table that fitted perfectly between the seats big Dave always looked after him in case of any trouble great days.
RIP pilgrim

Oct 12, 2021
John Sparrow loved Plymouth Argyle, good friend, knew him well and for a long time, he said, I don't like anybody leaving Plymouth Argyle for better things or so called bigger clubs, my view as well

Phil Mallett

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨