Rate the Ref: Trevor Kettle v Crewe | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref: Trevor Kettle v Crewe

Rate the Ref v Crewe

Votes: 7 7.1%

Votes: 16 16.2%

Votes: 21 21.2%

Votes: 19 19.2%

Votes: 18 18.2%

Votes: 8 8.1%

Votes: 8 8.1%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Carey was very lucky and Sarcevic could have had a second yellow. Bradley should have been booked too to be fair. On reflection thank goodness he was so awful!!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
rsp4":xspvifaj said:
Wotton is God":xspvifaj said:
Nobby":xspvifaj said:
Pottypilgrim":xspvifaj said:
Leo's Grandad":xspvifaj said:
Refereed like a chocolate tea pot - bottled far too many decisions.

Agreed...should have sent Carey down the tunnel for a start

Give over - Barely bumped into the guy and he went over. Was slapstick stuff. Albeit petty and stupid from GC. If that's a red card, football's f*cked.

Carey's nudge was retaliation for one he received seconds earlier I suspect.

Poor ref though.

I thought gc10 was lucky. It was retaliation and petulant.

Yes ... because all the officials 'missed' the original nudge/foul. That is why 'petulant' fouls happen and why, so often, the 'retaliator' gets punished.

So .. down to poor ref again!

How unfit was he? Thought they had standards and regular tests? :shock:

Apr 9, 2011
Saw him "warming up" before the match & thought who is that unfit looking bloke trying to do his warm up was gob smacked when I realised it was the ref. Very poor ,as someone said he looked like a bloke gone a season too far.

O

ogwellmike

rsp4 wrote:

The Lyndhurst lino was as bad

I sat in the Family Zone with my grandchildren on Saturday - row H seat 540 - which happens to be exactly in line with the Lyndhurst touchline. I think there were three occasions when the crowd on that side thought the linesman had got it wrong by not flagging a throw in. I can confirm that they were wrong and he was right. The ball had not completely crossed the line in all three cases so it was, rightly, still in play. You can't really be sure about these cases from the side of the pitch any more than you can be sure about off-sides when viewing from the ends of the pitch. But that doesn't stop us all from doing it, does it? But we only do it, I've noticed, when the decision favours our opponents.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
He made some very peculiar decisions in my opinion - for both sides I hasten to add, so I don't think it particularly affected the outcome. I also don't think the decisions that went against Crewe warranted the histrionics of their manager. If he carries on like that, he won't see the other side of 40!

6/10

Aug 29, 2006
The problem is with the lack of referees coming through, refs like the one on Saturday tend to stay on to long. He did seem to far behind play to make most decisions. It is possible he had a bad day at work with some of the decisions, but at least he was consistent for both teams. I being a fellow ref appreciate the job a referee does, as without him or her there is no game. My final assessment is his performance was a 5.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Also there was a few penalties we could have been awarded, which the ref didn't give, and also a dangerous tackle by Blissett which looked a red from where I was sat, what do people think about those decisons the referee had to make?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Alan Turing":86eiq3tj said:
He made some very peculiar decisions in my opinion - for both sides I hasten to add, so I don't think it particularly affected the outcome. I also don't think the decisions that went against Crewe warranted the histrionics of their manager. If he carries on like that, he won't see the other side of 40!

6/10

Their Manager knows a bit about football, ergo (Argo?) he wanted Carey sent off for 'retaliation'.
Only thing the ref got right in my opinion. Fair comment about throwins but no way was that lino 100% correct all day!!