Request for memorabillia (or money) The Academy. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Request for memorabillia (or money) The Academy.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Hi mate

I have a pennant celebrating 100 years of Argyle 1903 - 2003. It's signed by Sturrock and Doumbe to name a few.

I've never done anything with it so you're more than welcome to have it for the cause, I can drop it to you at HP tomorrow.

L

lambanog

IJN":eoxp2qhv said:
Peeps,

I am attempting to raise £900 for the Argyle Academy as Kevin Hodges needs some new camera equipment for analysis and such like (3 cameras).

Now there's a couple of ways we can go about this - I can ask for donations via the Paypal button and the top of this page and the other is for me to request items of memorabilia from people who perhaps cannot afford to donate money to the cause.

My drawers are now finally empty, I have no more shirts, my cupboard is dry and therefore if I have some decent shirts of a good vintage given to me (FoC) I can get them framed at cost and the jobs a good one.

For example, a National Provincial shirt given to me, could be signed by Tommy Tynan, it cost a £100 to be framed, and I could get £200 ish for it via auction. Therefore the person who

donated the shirt has really helped the Argyle Academy out.

So donations are always welcome, I'll contribute the first £100, so who's in to hep our wonderful Academy out?

Shirts or Shillings, I'm not proud! :scarf:

You can contact me via PM if you wish.

Ian please forgive me if I. am naive with respect to UK prices, but you announce that it costs £100 to frame a shirt. Scandulous. I bid and won a shirt from you over a year ago, I took it to the best frame company in town, here in China , and that heavy wooden frame cost me no more than £25.
Perhaps more could be made if you shopped around .

Ian

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
My framer is THE best around mate, and anyone who buys a shirt will testify to this.

There are frames and there are frames and you pay for what you get.

Everyone that has won an auction has complimented me on how good the piece is and that's the way I want to play it.

I do get your point, but there's laptops and there's Mac Books. :greensmile:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
You could always pay a shed load to send it to China to get a legendary Chinese copy of a copied copy!

I've found that anything Chinese falls apart within a few weeks of purchase.