Result Burton 1 - 1 Stevenage | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Result Burton 1 - 1 Stevenage

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
MAZZA26":ck7x8qyi said:
twist of lime":ck7x8qyi said:
Not the worst result for Argyle

COYG

8 wins 1 draw and 1 loss for Burton at home since they drew with us last year in november, bearing in mind they've been unbelievable home and away since Hasselbaink took over. So I have to say in the grand scheme of things this is an excellent point for Stevenage and a fairly poor result for argyle i'm afraid.
I agree. A vital point and probably a bonus point for them in the overall scheme of things looking at the table and our goal difference. They will be more than happy with the point.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Or a draw, as the pre Ashely Cole generation might label it.

Friday afternoon's forecasted rampant winds will likely have more impact on the game. Do we play well in bad conditions, I fear not, eg Oxford.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
We couldn't have asked for much more really, a tough game, in awful conditions (pitch was like a bog in places). My only gripe would be that Stuart Beavon got away with an absolutely awful challenge, if it had been a Prem game the "experts" in the studio would have made such a big deal about it the FA would have looked at it and given him a red card and a three game ban. It was a real cheap shot.

Burton looked a decent side, but certainly beatable, Lisbie got in 3-4 times in the first half and didn't have enough pace or position himself between the defender (Lewi's forte) to make the most of it, they were very lucky to go in level when in truth 2-0 Stevenage would have been a fairer reflection of the play at HT.

Stevenage looked as though they may have lost Parrett for a few games too, which certainly weakens them considerably.They haven't got it easy, local games against Northampton and Luton, plus genuine relegation scrappers (Carlisle, Tranmere).