Retained list (Confirmed) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained list (Confirmed)

May 16, 2016
NovaGreen469":1ubw1hd5 said:
Is it possible Brunt has been released from his contract but could be allowed to train in pre-season for us where he might be offered a new contract if up to standard? Or have we definitely seen the last of him? Seem's odd paying his wages for a year then not even giving him a chance

I'd have thought we would have been obliged to pay him as part of the contract.

Thinking out aloud....... could any of our former loan players [Garita, Tanner and Kennedy]...........

either be released now by their parent clubs ?

or be available for loan next season ?

or be available for transfer next season ?

IF so, would we take any of them on whatever basis ?

I think all 3 would be "gettable" but on what basis is the difficult one ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
PL2 3DQ":3dwsj8rx said:
No surprises, although I thought Smith would be offered a deal and after two years sitting on the bench Dorel might have thought it's about time he started playing football again.

Even without Carey that's a good squad of players to add to during the summer. Jervis and Sawyer arrived at the same time as Carey so it appears they have accepted a new contract and Carey has refused which looks like he's either off or waiting for a better offer from Argyle.

It's such a shame when a promotion winning squad is broken up. Thanks for getting us up! :clap:

I don't think he has refused. He said he was having a bit of time away from football before making any decision on contracts etc.

I'd expect to hear more late next week or the week after either way

Sep 6, 2006
TinTin":2xcb9ghd said:
Thinking out aloud....... could any of our former loan players [Garita, Tanner and Kennedy]...........

We dont need them. Move on.

Sep 6, 2006
Retained list is right to me apart from Miller. Getting rid of Spencer frees up room to get in a striker with a bit of pace.

Balham_Green":3a7t47ek said:
TinTin":3a7t47ek said:

Thank you, Derek

Now go and enjoy your holiday

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
TinTin":1trbp6oq said:

Tanner will be "gettable" as you say, soon.

Sep 6, 2006
TinTin":17cdvxh5 said:
Balham_Green":17cdvxh5 said:
TinTin":17cdvxh5 said:

Thank you, Derek

Now go and enjoy your holiday

You're welcome Jose

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Well done Derek.

As always totally and utterly ruthless and professional something we have lacked for way too long. We can argue about certain players for days and weeks, but for me this says i'm moving forward and i'm only taking the players i know are good enough.

Encouraging, now fingers crossed we can pick up 3-4 real good players that will turn up into a top half side.

Sep 6, 2006
briangreen":zb368uoh said:
Letting Louis Rooney go is not something I would do, but I guess I'm not the manager.
He has certainly proven he's able to step up and score goals if handed the opportunity, but once again he wasn't given the opportunity. I wonder if Alex Fletcher is given the same amount of opportunities he will be considered not good enough as well.

yep did well for Hartlepool didn't he! :facepalm:

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
The first half was just shaded by Argyle with Carey prominent and Fox always making himself available. Sawyer came under pressure a few times when facing two players and he was not getting much help from Goodwillie. Miller looked better with the ball than without it. I feel he ball watches too much. The full back positions still could be problem areas for us.

This was my comment after the Maastricht game. I think it proved to be right during this season and arguably could also be a problem next season. Miller is not up to standard, but of course could be back up for Oscar.

Sawyer remains our only recognised left back now with Purrington gone. Sawyer's pace will be more severely tested in League One. Oscar, sadly is not good enough at left back.

So dependent on which position Oscar plays next year (hopefully not sub with Miller at RB), we may still have problems on both sides.

Jul 29, 2010
Question - When it says 'option taken up', does that mean ARGYLE have taken up the option and WANT the player to re-sign, or does it mean THE PLAYER has taken up the option offered and HAS resigned?

If it is the latter then we have a five a side team.