RTL part two | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RTL part two

A

andyr1963

Rob_GT4":2tryuzx0 said:
He's positioned the wall to cover his right hand side of the goal and therefore it's his job to cover the left hand side of the goal unless the ball comes over the wall in which case it's likely to be a goal barring a fantastic save. As the balls kicked he incorrectly takes a huge step to the right leaving himself wrong footed not covering the part of the goal that he's supposed to be in, and ball ends up going into the net not far away from where he was originally standing! It's just awful amateurish goalkeeping, you can even see Songo'o straight afterwards shouting at him as if to say what the hell are you doing and then putting his head in his hands exasperated.

If anything happens to McCormick we've got a problem, which negates the point of having a backup goalie in the first place.

Great post. Hopefully it is a confidence thing, and he will improve. Lets hope so.

Jan 27, 2012
jimsing":ejl8ly88 said:
Trouble is, we've been blessed with Luke for far too long, and no-one will come up to his standards

McCormick is a decent enough goalie but I've seen better playing for Argyle in the past.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It would have been interesting to see if we'd have signed RTL should McCallum have signed his new deal, after Dorel's release I assumed McCallum was going to step into the no2 role. I'm definitely not writing off RTL yet but it does seem an odd signing, a 28 year old Dutch player with no experience in England and a CV consisting of clubs most have never heard of, plus a poor goals to games ratio. I expected us to sign another young British keeper, and there must be a few around who would be happy to be understudy to Luke & possibly to take over in the future. Adams is however well known for meticulous planning so there must be some reasoning behind signing RTL, it's too much of a random signing to be a random signing.

R

rdr123

Tuesdays nights game was the first time I have seen him play and seeing as he didn't really have much to do it was a poor performance. The freekick was a bad mistake and he is no way near League 1 standard so hopefully he won't have to be used!