Sam Gallagher (Sell on clause?) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sam Gallagher (Sell on clause?)

Feb 23, 2008
Monster Green":1rt7v0a7 said:
Ade the green":1rt7v0a7 said:
chunkymonkey78":1rt7v0a7 said:
chunkymonkey78":1rt7v0a7 said:
Maybe this should spend some time on the main board. Possibly some good news to offset the last day or so?

Why what's gone wrong in the last day or so?

Did I say anything went 'wrong'? Tell me this isn't better news than worrying about losing Carey or Adams?

Probably poorly worded then but you obviously got my gist.

If Carey is going he's going, if he stays then that's fantastic. We've all had months to prepare ourselves for the possibility of him going. Best player I've seen at HP for years. Worried? Nope.

Same with DA. Great manager as far as what he's achieved for the club. He's already stated he'll return to Scotland sometime but not yet, he's not given us any reason to not trust him so far has he?

Wasn't the DA off to Aberdeen rumour literally started by the Record with no quotes from the man himself? Why does something like that need offsetting?

Yes I got your gist, did you even try to get mine?

Seriously, you're telling me that hearing we might have a windfall of possibly over £1m is not better to hear than posting about losing possibly our manager and most influential player and I do know that neither has happened yet but it was all we've been talking about.

My original post, if you can think back that far was merely suggesting that the thread should not be hidden away and like most organisations good news shouldn't be tucked out the way.

Don't talk to me as if I'm an idiot and your original post was just making what point exactly?

Jesus chaps. Get a grip and chill the hell out will you

Lol. Totally chilled here Monster. I think Ade might have read it thinking there's a tone that isn't there.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A Southampton fan, who seems to be well informed, said.....

£75,000 up front
£50,000 on 17th birthday
£15,000 after first game
£50,000 after 10 games
£50,000 after 20 games
£50,000 after 30 games
£50,000 if he appears for England
£25,000 if he appears for Scotland
15% of profit sell on clause.

Gallagher, now 21, has played 20 times for Southampton, if the above is true then so far we've been paid £240,000.

I'm not sure if the England/Scotland clause is for senior games. He has played for England and Scotland at junior level.

Plus 15% of any profit Southampton make when they sell him.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
So if Villa do buy him we will get 15% of around £6.7m. Lovely.. :)

Getting a soft spot for Villa after the Hourihane money that they donated to our recovery fund.

Apr 30, 2011
I know transfer fees have gone crazy over the last two years in particular but surely the fee won't be 7 million?

The Palace fan who posts on here regularly has a really good knowledge of the EEEP so hopefully he can clarify how much we could get if Gallagher moves clubs.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Penmaster":29omfg21 said:
I know transfer fees have gone crazy over the last two years in particular but surely the fee won't be 7 million?

The Palace fan who posts on here regularly has a really good knowledge of the EEEP so hopefully he can clarify how much we could get if Gallagher moves clubs.

That is cheap for a 21 year old actually? But we'll take the 20% :scarf: :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It won't be £7 million up front, it'll similar to the deal we are rumoured to be due.

£3-4 million upfront with a string of add one performance related

May 8, 2011
Ade the green":jb6bexa7 said:
Tugboat":jb6bexa7 said:
It won't be £7 million up front, it'll similar to the deal we are rumoured to be due.

£3-4 million upfront with a string of add one performance related

Even so, wouldn't any add-ons to us be paid in full?

If the transfer fee is paid by instalments as is usual or there are add ons when certain milestones are met we would get paid by Southampton each time they receive a payment from the buying Club. So it could be several years before all the money due is received.

Jan 27, 2012
I'm annoyed that Argyle scout these kids and then other clubs steal them. If Argyle had KEPT Gallagher he could have helped the team on the pitch AND Argyle could have negotiated their own sell on clauses and transfer fees. £5 million would probably pay for Phase 2

This is the weakness in the Academy- if a top player is discovered, they get taken away by other clubs in the Championship or Premier League. Argyle get whatever these clubs don't want. If Messi was from Estover and came up through Argyle's schoolboy ranks he'd be stolen away before he even kicked a ball for the first team.

Jul 29, 2010
Sam Gallagher would not be worth £5m if he'd stayed with us though. He'd have been a top notch L2 player as opposed to the top notch championship player that fee justifies.

In saying that I don't seek to justify the academy talent grab, I think it sucks, big time. I merely observe what the economics of the situation would be had he stayed.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
X Isle":9xi0x5fd said:
Sam Gallagher would not be worth £5m if he'd stayed with us though. He'd have been a top notch L2 player as opposed to the top notch championship player that fee justifies.

In saying that I don't seek to justify the academy talent grab, I think it sucks, big time. I merely observe what the economics of the situation would be had he stayed.

It will be interesting to see what Ollie Watkins goes for. I think he's 21 years old and is a goal scorer which could add a premium. Exeter reckons he's worth 3-5m pounds.

Aug 5, 2015
And I thought our acedemy set up was crap and never produced anybody that was any good? Apart from Tyler Harvey.

Jul 29, 2010
Do they now Ade, they won't get it. If Watkins had been doing that in the Championship, his club could however justify that.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Penmaster":bjurfo4b said:

Under EPPP rules and fixed fees, Argyle will have ALREADY received around £500,000 for the lad.

The initial fee would have been £75,000 representing six years with Plymouth's Academy. Southampton will have twice had to pay £150,000 for appearances at PL level as well as £125,000 for appearances a Championship level (£25k for every 10 apps).

As far as I am aware there are no sell on fees but Argyle will still continue to receive payments as he hits appearance milestones.