Sam's Down | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sam's Down

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Sorry to be late to this party.

Sam, you were the voice of the trust on here which imo made you the only visible person. You took some grief for some idiots who don't have the balls to stand up to their beliefs and I applaud your efforts. As I have said to you in the past you are a credit to everyone you represented.

Where does this organisation go from here? The'critical friend' bull poo needs to be dropped and you need to work with the club and bring a feel good factor back rather than the 'woe is me attitude' that has been the flavour of the day for some time. (Caveat all of this with I don't think afgyledad is doing a bad job to get on the right track.)

When is Sams successor being announced?

Is there a vote on who takes over?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Daz...I don't think anyone wants it...Bit of a poisoned chalice is being a member of the AFT board. Thats two resignations in a couple of months.Along with six chairmen,about a similar number of secretarys and goodness knows how many committee members. The AFT definitely needs to drop the critical friend strapline,as well.Its an organisation in meltdown....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Like always there are those that 'do' and those that destroy.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Hi all,

Sorry for replying to this post and bringing it up to the top a little late. However I have been very busy over the past few days and also had Mac problems that left me without a computer for a week or so between this announcement being made and now. I feel I owe Trust members my thanks and also a slightly fuller explanation of why I have stood down.

Basically, I'd like to thank all of you for the kind comments. I'm genuinely humbled not only to receive them but also to have served the Trust for so long across three different spells. It has always been rewarding if sometimes difficult as well. I have stood down for two main reasons both of which are related to my personal circumstances. As it stands, I work part-time in a shop but am trying to work towards my eventual dream goal of a career in writing and/or journalism. The Trust as it stands is incredibly time consumptive and whilst I loved working with it, once you factored in my job, eating, sleeping, AFT stuff and personal downtime/a social life, there was very little time in the day left for me to advance my prospective career. Secondly, as someone who wants to become more of a journalist, I'm going to be writing and blogging a lot more about all the issues that I am passionate about. These do include but aren't limited to Argyle. There is also the factor that I want to be able to write freely and fully about Argyle whatever my honest opinions may be without the risk of the relationship between the Trust and the club suffering at all from my opinions at times being less than fully positive. I feel that for the position of Trust board member as it stands, diplomacy is key. There are some people who can do diplomacy very well. I have been able to put my diplomatic head on in the past but right now for the aforementioned reasons, I feel that it isn't the route I can go down anymore.

I'd like to finish by thanking all of my fellow Trust board members who I've worked under as well as the unsung backroom team of Paul, Sally and Bob who assist us and have all made my experience there more rewarding and have enabled me to work to my full potential on there. I will still be helping the Trust by writing for the fanzine and lending a hand in terms of sales and/or social media promotion whenever they need me but for now I see my future off the Trust board. This also means I'll be contributing on the forums a bit more as well given that my 'Trust board member' hat is off and all of my opinions will be viewed as they are- those of a fan and a fan only.

Many thanks again for all the kind words. It's been a genuine privilege,

Sam.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd stay off Twitter though Sam.

You simply cannot cope with the 140 character limit. :lol: