Saturday's six-pointers | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Saturday's six-pointers

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
If we win, I'd prefer Newport and Stevenage to win. Eyes on the prize for third.

If we lose, I'd prefer Wycombe and Burton to win. Damage limitation.

If we draw, I'd prefer two draws. Keep it all to play for.

May 22, 2006
Draws all the way please, everybody drops points. Lots of injuries / red cards etc.

And obviously 3 pts for the guz.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Broc's Pilgrimage":1zy4l4yd said:
there's a few "six pointers" or equivalents for us to muse over in March !!!
:greensmile:

Saturday 28th February 2015
Burton V Newport
Luton V Accrington
Plymouth V Bury
Wycombe V Stevenage

Tuesday 3rd March 2015
Wimbledon V Southend
Bury V Luton
Newport V Mansfield
Stevenage V Plymouth
Tranmere V Wycombe

Saturday 7th March 2015
Bury V Oxford Utd
Luton V Morecambe
Plymouth V Northampton
Southend V Wycombe
Stevenage V Newport

Saturday 14th March 2015
Dag & Red V Southend
Mansfield V Bury
Oxford Utd V Plymouth
Wycombe V Shrewsbury

Tuesday 17th March 2015
Dag & Red V Plymouth
Exeter V Stevenage
Newport V Luton
York V Bury

Wednesday 18th March 2015
Burton V Southend
Saturday 21st March 2015
Bury V Northampton
Plymouth V Newport
Shrewsbury V Oxford Utd
Southend V Cambridge

Tuesday 24th March 2015
Luton V Wycombe

Looking at that selection of fixtures, and avoiding too many injuries and suspensions for key players, makes me feel quite optimistic about automatic promotion.

Sep 8, 2013
Nobody's mentioned Stevenage to beat Wycombe and then Argyle to beat Stevenage on Tuesday. Not impossible. Then Argyle breathing down Wycombe's neck for the third automatic place! Why not?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Personally I think we shouldn't worry about Burton or Shrewsbury. They are both very decent sides at this level and I think they're almost nailed on for the top two spots. Third however is up for grabs. I've been saying since November "Wycombe will drop off eventually", and finally it seems like they're having there wobble. Providing they continue to wobble, that leaves us, Luton, Bury and Southend eyeing up third place. They are all decent sides, but I don't feel they are any better than us. We really should be going for automatic.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Our record in six pointers in the last few years has been disappointing to say the least. Mind you most of those games were RELEGATION battles and we all know what the consequences were.

We need to nail these matches and as we are playing catch up for PROMOTION wins are essential. Draws are no good and a win and a loss is sill better than 2 hard fought draws where we bemoan are luck, missed chances and carp referees

Confidence is high at the moment so lets get at them from the whistle

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
samjones":1f3sl4cu said:
Our record in six pointers in the last few years has been disappointing to say the least. Mind you most of those games were RELEGATION battles and we all know what the consequences were.

We need to nail these matches and as we are playing catch up for PROMOTION wins are essential. Draws are no good and a win and a loss is sill better than 2 hard fought draws where we bemoan are luck, missed chances and carp referees

To be fair, our record against the Top 7 isn't bad this year:

P:9
W: 4
D: 2
L: 3

That's not too bad to be honest, especially given the remaining three see Bury & Burton come to HP and us go to Shrewsbury in a potential dead rubber game on the final day.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Nobby":2nmogx19 said:
samjones":2nmogx19 said:

That's not too bad to be honest, especially given the remaining three see Bury & Burton come to HP and us go to Shrewsbury in a potential dead rubber game on the final day.

That's Playoff form against the playoff contenders so in reality is pretty good. Would take 2 home wins from the 3 games for defo

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
samjones":27vdhp2x said:
Nobby":27vdhp2x said:
samjones":27vdhp2x said:

That's Playoff form against the playoff contenders so in reality is pretty good. Would take 2 home wins from the 3 games for defo

Agreed. Like I said, Shrewsbury away most likely will be a dead rubber anyway. Whilst I can see the playoff/promotion race being close, I can't see it being final day stuff, rarely is.

Sep 8, 2013
Argyle to win. Then I prefer a Stevenage win (Wycombe haven't an easy run in and can be caught if results are not good). Burton are probably beyond us, but a draw would be nice. And of course an Argyle away win at Stevenage on Tuesday. Let's dream on, why not?