Scottish Mourinho - What a stupid idea | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Scottish Mourinho - What a stupid idea

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
Penmaster":1cl7sy9d said:
greengiant1886":1cl7sy9d said:
Greenford":1cl7sy9d said:
greengiant1886":1cl7sy9d said:
The chant is just a nice way of us telling DA that we like him. No harm in it. :thumbs:
Shame it has to mention Mourinho though. I think Adams is a great manager and i'll chant a lot but you'll never catch me chanting Scottish Mourinho never.
Unfortunately Scottish Wenger doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

I know - the Scottish Fergu... oh no. Maybe not.

That one tickled me......but in essence I agree with the OP. Chelsea fans should be chanting "the Portugese Derek Adams."

Mar 14, 2009
I cant bring myself to like this idea. For me its lacks originality but if people want to chant it and it makes em happy so be it.

What I am surprised about is I haven't really noticed anyone mention another person with regards to our style of play. The way we play its like we are just going to try and score more goals than you. That kind of philosophy has all the hallmarks of Kevin Keegan with his first stint at Newcastle.

The club needed a boost and he provided this positive vibe throughout not just the club, but the city. Now I see DA starting to do similar things with this football club.

The players all talk well of him. The fans love are starting to adore him because not just of results, but the style and the manner of games. Exactly the same with Keegan. They both want to make football fun.

Every time DA comments on a match its almost as if he wants to enjoy the football himself, as much as the paying public. Newcastle scored goals for fun and really it didn't matter if they went behind because they just went out and attacked, attacked, attacked!!

The reason why this "Scottish Mourinho" tag doesn't work for me is that one plays a solid, defensive game and when winning by the odd goal shuts up shop whilst the other is more clavier and dynamic. He wants to entertain. Which if we are honest is not in the Mourinho philosophy. You could argue they both like to think tactically about games but really the one thing that you can pin of both is their real desire to win. A hunger. Its why Adams played a strong team last night.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Metal_Green_Mickey":3t3w660y said:
What I am surprised about is I haven't really noticed anyone mention another person with regards to our style of play. The way we play its like we are just going to try and score more goals than you. That kind of philosophy has all the hallmarks of Kevin Keegan with his first stint at Newcastle.

The club needed a boost and he provided this positive vibe throughout not just the club, but the city. Now I see DA starting to do similar things with this football club.

The players all talk well of him. The fans love are starting to adore him because not just of results, but the style and the manner of games. Exactly the same with Keegan. They both want to make football fun.

Every time DA comments on a match its almost as if he wants to enjoy the football himself, as much as the paying public. Newcastle scored goals for fun and really it didn't matter if they went behind because they just went out and attacked, attacked, attacked!!

The similarity wasn't lost on me. I'd be happy if DA continues this "we'll score more than you" Keegan-esque approach and doesn't do what Keegan is also famous for: quitting when the going gets a little bit tough.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think some people think far too much.

'I was born under the Demport End' - Really, what the hell was your mother thinking?

'In Dublin's fair city where the girls are so pretty' - Have you seen the girls in Dublin?

'You're going home in a Devon Ambulance' - Are you not aware of the cuts in the NHS?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
IJN":hue79jxo said:

'I was born under the Demport End' - Really, what the hell was your mother thinking?

'In Dublin's fair city where the girls are so pretty' - Have you seen the girls in Dublin?

'You're going home in a Devon Ambulance' - Are you not aware of the cuts in the NHS?

That's not the worst Ian!!

Green Army?? When we play in Lilac??!! :whistle:

C

Cobi Budge.

I'll admit it's a bit cringey but I join in when the chant is started, it's not exactly a big deal, bit of fun.

"There's only one Derek Adams" or "Derek give us a wave" could also be sung.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
I'm looking forward to us being drawn against Chelsea in FAC3

Then we can greet the opposition manager with chants of "Portuguese Adams".

Jun 8, 2014
Blimey, is this a thread where people are actually getting annoyed at a light hearted two word chant or have I been completely whooshed?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pogleswoody":2m0piv1h said:
IJN":2m0piv1h said:

That's not the worst Ian!!

Green Army?? When we play in Lilac??!! :whistle:

I tell you what matey, if we can carry on winning away, I can see the day when people will start singing 'Lilac Army'. You just wait and see. :lol:

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
We are having a Fantastic Start to the season

Unbeaten in Royal Lilac and Great to be wearing Green & White Stripes Again

Just sorted my White membership for the season Ahead

We have the right man to lead us to promotion

The Team is playing confidence & scoring goals

Good Times Are Coming Back :thumbs: