Season ticket waiting list- club announcement | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season ticket waiting list- club announcement

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
So we all go to Home Park to watch 'a business' do we?

Absolute trollox.
well its a bit of both isn't it?
for the average jo its just football, 22 men running around kicking a ball close to a goal and hoping they score, whilst the people who run the club obviously run it as a business rather than a club.
I think nowadays if you want the club feeling you are looking at non league like Saltash or Ivybridge as an example, but I go to home park to watch a sport, but we are on companies house so we are a business :)

Reactions: AdelaideGreen

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I get it, I really do. But, supporters have contributed in the way of shirt sales, argyle tv, Evergreen, not asking for refunds over Covid, high prices of food and drink at the ground.

The Halletts are multi millionaires to the level that 99.9% of fans could only dream of and he is responsible for investment in to the club. He is actively looking for more, but constantly asking fans to pay more and more for nothing extra and arguably a less enjoyable product will eventually push them away.

Not sure about that tbh - I'd argue that paying a little bit more would help us to first and foremost remain in the 2nd tier consistently and also would provide additional income to be spent on the playing budget, so better wages etc and a slightly higher quality squad we as fans would be watching.

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
I get it, I really do. But, supporters have contributed in the way of shirt sales, argyle tv, Evergreen, not asking for refunds over Covid, high prices of food and drink at the ground.

The Halletts are multi millionaires to the level that 99.9% of fans could only dream of and he is responsible for investment in to the club. He is actively looking for more, but constantly asking fans to pay more and more for nothing extra and arguably a less enjoyable product will eventually push them away.
Remembering of course Evergreen is completely voluntary. I'm staggered that there are so many members to be honest

Reactions: jimsing

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I signed up ages ago and I’m number 3000 and something so I’m not expecting one anytime soon, even if we go down. The club must have near to 4000 people on the list so I’m surprised they’re now pushing for more.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Umm.. An International Business…

But the product (in business terms) is still sport.

I guess the distinction is football as an industry and football as a product.

Jimmyd

✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 3, 2009
That's the whole idea
Id argue it's half the idea, given it was marketed as two-way thing. You give us some cash, we'll give you these benefits, of which I've had some, but certainly not all

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Not sure about that tbh - I'd argue that paying a little bit more would help us to first and foremost remain in the 2nd tier consistently and also would provide additional income to be spent on the playing budget, so better wages etc and a slightly higher quality squad we as fans would be watching.
How much more do you think is ok? Mine would have gone up 40% in the last 2 seasons if I’d stuck with what I had.

I’m now buying 2 adult season tickets and two children at normal prices. I used to spend about £70 to £100 on a matchday in the ground on food/drink for the family and mates I met up with. I won’t have access to those areas next season and certainly won’t be standing in the cold at the back of the mayflower. We’ll get there as late as we can and leave at the end as we’re now separated from mates we’ve been going with for years. Won’t affect the club next season of course, just affects long term fans like me that paid over the top when we were poo.