Set for highest attendance in 63 seasons | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Set for highest attendance in 63 seasons

Jan 6, 2004
Yes, I think we would have been about 18,500 to 19,000 with a 20,000 or just over capacity. Filling in both corners for just a couple of thousand more seats in total would be totally not cost effective.
The only way as far as I can see is a second tier on the Devonport End or even the BPE to take us to 20,000.
However, that is not top of the priority list yet. We need to sustain our place in the second tier, pay for Brickfields completion and Goals completion and get the extra outside investment or a couple of handsome transfer fees before this could happen though realistically.
Given every game has sold out for home supporters and the majority of games have sold out for away supporters I think an average of 18,500-19,000 is way too low. I think that would be the base line attendance (perhaps one or two midweek games against unglamorous teams with low away support slipping slightly below that) but there would have been half a dozen games this season with at least 25,000 in the house if capacity allowed and the average would be more like 21-22,000

Reactions: Dalton Is God

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Given every game has sold out for home supporters and the majority of games have sold out for away supporters I think an average of 18,500-19,000 is way too low. I think that would be the base line attendance (perhaps one or two midweek games against unglamorous teams with low away support slipping slightly below that) but there would have been half a dozen games this season with at least 25,000 in the house if capacity allowed and the average would be more like 21-22,000
My estimate was based on a capacity of 20,000 though so those 20,000 plus attendances wouldn't have been possible. I agree with your figures had we had a 25,000 capacity.

Reactions: Green Flash
Sep 28, 2022
Hopefully these statistics make encouraging reading for any future investors. If we can also sustain our championship status, the support of the fan base has been proven to be very very strong. One would also hope that even if there were no further investors, Simon Hallett may release the financial strings to strengthen quite considerably in the close season. There has to be a change in mindset within the club to hopefully exploit the goodwill there is for the club just within its current fanbase. This could be the beginning of a new chapter in our club, s history. Coygs!!.

Apr 15, 2024
Remaining at this level is key for future investment (incl. sponsorship etc.)

Also agree with the previous poster (JackPP) re increasing the corporate hospitality areas £££

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Any expansion of the ground needs to incorporate significant hospitality options. This brings in the big money.

I wonder how many seats we could have sold this year if we could have doubled the away allocation and got every Argyle fan a ticket?

There will be more hospitality next season