Shirts debacle. | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Shirts debacle.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
mtcarn":2w73deff said:
Just been online and home shirt available in all sizes and surely this is the problem. Supporter's are buying the away shirt in such numbers because yet again the home shirt is so poor, very few people like the red Ginster's logo on the green shirt.
Why didn't argyle ask puma if we could have had a shirt with a white front (on which the red logo would have looked better)with a green back and sleeves or something similar.
Failing that we have to hope that Ginster's bring out a vegetarian range (if they don't already have one) with a green logo which would look better on a green or white shirt. :scarf:

You must get over this aversion to red. It is a major income stream for the club.

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
Lundan Cabbie":12kror1l said:
mtcarn":12kror1l said:
Just been online and home shirt available in all sizes and surely this is the problem. Supporter's are buying the away shirt in such numbers because yet again the home shirt is so poor, very few people like the red Ginster's logo on the green shirt.
Why didn't argyle ask puma if we could have had a shirt with a white front (on which the red logo would have looked better)with a green back and sleeves or something similar.
Failing that we have to hope that Ginster's bring out a vegetarian range (if they don't already have one) with a green logo which would look better on a green or white shirt. :scarf:

You must get over this aversion to red. It is a major income stream for the club.

Erm... no. It's the colour of our rivals.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Kevin_Dacombe":1q8k2c9v said:
Lundan Cabbie":1q8k2c9v said:
mtcarn":1q8k2c9v said:

Erm... no. It's the colour of our rivals.

:sigh:

And? It's not as if they own the colour. More teams play in red than any other colour.

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
Yep, and you completely miss our 'almost' individuality. Would you be fine watching palace in blue and white stripes? We play in green, have never (apart from that horrid shirt at Yeovil) played in red. We play in green, white and black. Not red.

Sep 23, 2005
Having looked at other team's kits in all four leagues our sponsor's logo with the large red splurge is by far the most obtrusive. Ginsters pay a lot for the deal but it's a shame it also costs us a lot of shirt sales. I'll save my cash this year thanks.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Kevin_Dacombe":20rrt05i said:
Yep, and you completely miss our 'almost' individuality. Would you be fine watching palace in blue and white stripes? We play in green, have never (apart from that horrid shirt at Yeovil) played in red. We play in green, white and black. Not red.

Of course I wouldn't expect you to play in red and white stripes but the sponsors trademark doesn't stop you wearing green. When people walk into shops all over the country and see a Gingsters wrapper on the shelves with its red logo, not one person will link it to Exeter City. Many however will connect it with Argyle.

Oct 31, 2015
Lundan Cabbie":1xyzdcgc said:
Kevin_Dacombe":1xyzdcgc said:

Of course I wouldn't expect you to play in red and white stripes but the sponsors trademark doesn't stop you wearing green. When people walk into shops all over the country and see a Gingsters wrapper on the shelves with its red logo, not one person will link it to Exeter City. Many however will connect it with Argyle.

I agree with Lundan on this. I actually dont mind any sponsor logos and at least Ginsters (a large national company) are attached to the club. Football shirts are not really a fashion statement they are for someone to show their colours. I always felt for Wednesday back in the day wearing chubba lollipop on their shirts. I bet it didnt slow their sales. I dont remember so much talk about shirts in the past but that may be a social media thing nowadays.

Back on post I am still disappointed at the clubs business with shirts. If I was them I would move from Puma but I dont know the business strategy

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Lundan Cabbie":3ec87plt said:
Kevin_Dacombe":3ec87plt said:

I dont think the average person in the street would know that, especially non Plymouth people. Now if Ginsters printed "Proud sponsors of Plymouth Argyle" on the wrapper. How good would that be.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Tom Cobbley":2uuzkkev said:
Lundan Cabbie":2uuzkkev said:
Kevin_Dacombe":2uuzkkev said:

I dont think the average person in the street would know that, especially non Plymouth people. Now if Ginsters printed "Proud sponsors of Plymouth Argyle" on the wrapper. How good would that be.

I chose the word "many" carefully. The point being many is greater than none whatsoever.

Aug 6, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":2b49teyy said:
mtcarn":2b49teyy said:

Contrary to your belief lundan I do not have an aversion to red in fact it is my favourite colour. My favourite shirt of recent years is a white away shirt with green trim bearing the red Ginster's logo. In my view the red logo looks better on a white background than a green one. I was also told by an assistant in the superstore that many supporters do not like the red logo on a green background so why did argyle not apply some forethought to this seasons shirt and ask Puma for a design which would make the red logo look more appealing on the home shirt. :scarf: