So, your thoughts on the Championship? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

So, your thoughts on the Championship?

Mar 4, 2004
It's a great league but to survive and then thrive, we will need investment big time. Our lack depth was a real problem this season, especially in the striker department. The departure of Azaz and Cundell was catastrophic and nearly did for us. The officials gave us very little, especially at those big 30000 stadiums. It almost feels like a rigged game against the big boys.
Our travelling fans have been exceptional and praised where every they go. I love that and am so proud of the noise they make. Take a bow.
The first half of the season was brilliant at times and I don't think we got what it deserved very often. Then we nosed dived and we all know the reason. I think we have to play like we belong, not like we're hanging on. Today the first half reminded me what this team can do when fueled by a positive attitude.

A decent manager, some shrewd signing and positive mind set, we can do a little better next season. New investment would really help but I'm very happy tonight knowing we have another Championship season to look forward too. Now where's that corkscrew.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
What a day! I’ve enjoyed the season and for next season we need more depth to the squad

Reactions: Eddie
Aug 27, 2016
We finished where we deserved. No way were we a mid table side. Apart from today and the Leicester game this year has been too stressful to enjoy. I am delighted we stayed up but fear a repeat fighting off relegation next season
I think I’m older than oldage but not as negative ,we’ve just won our place in the championship but some of you posters are already being doom mongers for next season. Give it a rest

Jun 26, 2023
A truly wonderful league and I don't want to go down for years to come.

We made be a small fish, but we can improve our status by becoming an established Championship club.

The need for investment is now very important though.
Yes, hopefully now our status is confirmed there will be some positive news

Aug 27, 2016
It's a great league but to survive and then thrive, we will need investment big time. Our lack depth was a real problem this season, especially in the striker department. The departure of Azaz and Cundell was catastrophic and nearly did for us. The officials gave us very little, especially at those big 30000 stadiums. It almost feels like a rigged game against the big boys.
Our travelling fans have been exceptional and praised where every they go. I love that and am so proud of the noise they make. Take a bow.
The first half of the season was brilliant at times and I don't think we got what it deserved very often. Then we nosed dived and we all know the reason. I think we have to play like we belong, not like we're hanging on. Today the first half reminded me what this team can do when fueled by a positive attitude.

A decent manager, some shrewd signing and positive mind set, we can do a little better next season. New investment would really help but I'm very happy tonight knowing we have another Championship season to look forward too. Now where's that corkscrew.
Totally agree

Reactions: Yammerman

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
My mate is a long suffering York fan who watches football anywhere and he rates the Championship as the best league he’s watched. I tend to agree. So competitive but at the same time a huge gap between top and bottom. That seems like a contradiction that even I can’t work out.

So glad we stayed up so we can do it all again next season. A big close season to look forward to - and who knows, Championship survival may just encourage some inward investment.

Today is a good day.

Reactions: Verdant1

Dubai Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 15, 2008
Singapore
We finished where we deserved. No way were we a mid table side. Apart from today and the Leicester game this year has been too stressful to enjoy. I am delighted we stayed up but fear a repeat fighting off relegation next season
Or…

We finished where we deserved. No way were we a mid table side. Apart from today and the Leicester game this year has been very stressful but hugely enjoyable. Isn’t it why we follow sport? I am delighted we stayed up and am now looking forward to a repeat of fighting off relegation next season and, hopefully, much better.
I fully respect your right to look through the other end of the telescope, oldage (and others) to the one I look through. But, hey, grab a bottle of wine and enjoy what we’ve all just been through. And toast what’s to come.

Jul 12, 2016
I think I’m older than oldage but not as negative ,we’ve just won our place in the championship but some of you posters are already being doom mongers for next season. Give it a rest
There is nothing wrong in being delighted but apprehensive about next season.
Not doom mongers merely saying what a lot of fans are thinking. This is a tough league and next year is unlikely to be any easier.

Jan 11, 2017
We are a very small fish in a very large pool.

But we have a nasty bite.

I hope SH is able to attract investors next season, being "Happy Shopper FC" has run its course.
Agree 100%. Next season we could end up like Rotherham if we aren’t careful and if everyone is aware of that now and committed to avoid that happening we are going to need some serious investment in player quality