Some Credit To James Brent | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Some Credit To James Brent

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
The cliched football fans' impatience. Of course, right.

The credit's already been taken for appointing JS.
Credit for retaining him, why? The calls of dissatisfaction were not that great, no t-shirts were printed, and there was no vastly better individual whom we respectfully didn't recruit. The money for a sacking was never going to be wasted, on that basis. And we're not talking of miracles happening yet are we. 6th in L2!

But equally, if Sheridan were to impress north england with more improvement to the good ship Argyle, JS would be out the door and off up the road rather quickly I suspect. I think we all know where we are on that one.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
The calls for getting rid were on this web forum as is my response. Its quite simple guys, if you are going to give out grief when things aren't going well then you should also be prepared to offer praise when they are.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You're wasting your time with certain people Trev.

When things are going badly they make noise, when going half decent they go quiet, just sitting there and hoping that a negative or a thread that has potential for being negative pops up.

You have one the exponents of the art on this very thread.

Always was thus.

Jul 29, 2010
Indeed, itt's most obvious on a matchday thread, low page count during a win, mahoosive page count when we're losing.

Again, I get why even if I don't agree. What's frustrating is the lack of even handedness of it all. If you're a fair and balanced individual you'll praise and criticise in equal measure for things that are equally praiseworthy or worthy of criticism.

The world is not populated solely by fair and balanced people however. I blame parents not smacking their children enough, well, that and facetwatter ;-)

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
JS has done nothing to warrant the sack during his time at Argyle. Even when we were going through a difficult spell around this time last year, he still deserved time to turn it around (which he did). Don't get swept in by the mass hysteria of the knee-jerkers who scream "Sheridan out" after every defeat. I accept the majority of our whole fanbase has a good rational view towards the manager, but it is very easy to come across as extreme on the internet which in turn may create the impression that the managers job is under threat, when in reality it never has been.

Brent deserves credit for appointing JS and supporting him with what appears to be a healthy budget for this division. You could speculate that the likes of Hartley, Cox and Reid are some of the highest earners in this division. JB also however knows that it would have been foolish to sack JS whilst we were in no immediate threat of relegation as it would be a huge financial blow for the club and damage our long term future. Long term- that's another thing that's always important to consider. Whilst many were disappointed that we didn't make the play offs last season, including myself (although more with the way we self-capitulated), nobody really expected us to go up at the start of 13/14. That season allowed Sheridan to pick out the weaknesses in his squad and then go about revamping the squad once more so the players can now all be considered totally his. If we went up last season, we may have struggled in League 1 as our quality of player then was not as good as it is now. Sheridan's use of the loan market has improved drastically- O'Connor and B.Reid are fantastic players and Kellett looked very good vs Cheltenham. I genuinely believe that we are headed in the right direction now, but Shez should receive more of the plaudits than Brent in my opinion.