Sonny Bradley > Leeds? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sonny Bradley > Leeds?

Apr 30, 2011
Really hope this isn't true. If it is true, the fee needs to be 400k minimum to make it worth selling rather than letting his contract run down and go on a free.

My inclination is that it's horse poo but there have been so many rumours about Sonny, plus his absence from a number of the friendlies that I'm leaning towards thinking that there can't be this much smoke without at least a bit of fire.

Apr 5, 2016
a friend of mine who is a leeds fan has said they are desperate for a centre back
he also said they are getting linked with Negredo so that's 2 rumours at opposite ends of the scale for them

Nov 18, 2011
As good a season as Bradley had in League 2 I feel the Championship would be too big a step up. His lack of pace would get exposed greatly at that level.

Oct 10, 2012
Leeds are/were linked with Aden Flint for a few million. Highly doubt Sonny would be their next target

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Well, I happen to think it's tough to find a better centre back outside the Championship. Sure, he's not the quickest, but that's not an attribute every centre back in the higher divisions are blessed with anyway. My opinion, for what it's worth is that for his age and experience, he's one of the best centre backs I've seen at the club for a number of years. A shame we couldn't have paired him with Curtis Nelson.

So yes, Championship clubs maybe looking at spending multi millions on players so, a few hundred grand on Sonny Bradley is a relatively small gamble isn't it? If he kicks on and becomes a world beater, they'll sell him for millions. If it doesn't work out, they move him on and they haven't lost anything. Think Alfie Mawson when he was at Wycombe!

I personally hope he stays, but I have a feeling there could be some legs in this story.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
John Terry has no pace but is a Leader, Sonny is similar. Luke maybe Captain, but Sonny is the Leader - very hard to replace if rumours true.

Jul 29, 2010
MajorGreen":19bpl4l5 said:
Well, I happen to think it's tough to find a better centre back outside the Championship. Sure, he's not the quickest, but that's not an attribute every centre back in the higher divisions are blessed with anyway. My opinion, for what it's worth is that for his age and experience, he's one of the best centre backs I've seen at the club for a number of years. A shame we couldn't have paired him with Curtis Nelson.

So yes, Championship clubs maybe looking at spending multi millions on players so, a few hundred grand on Sonny Bradley is a relatively small gamble isn't it? If he kicks on and becomes a world beater, they'll sell him for millions. If it doesn't work out, they move him on and they haven't lost anything. Think Alfie Mawson when he was at Wycombe!

I personally hope he stays, but I have a feeling there could be some legs in this story.
I see your logic, it's certainly plausible.

I also see the Whatmough rumour appear on the same day after a good week of no new rumours. Coincidence?, two created items of total bullish*t at the same time?, or two interconnected truths?

Indulging the latter for a second this would be very Argyle. Sell high (well ish, this is Argyle!) and buy low. Whatmough could be yet another former Pompey player to fail to hit the mark there but flourish here. Argyle get a healthy return on a player with only one year left and replace him with a 'Poundland' (not my word) signing who everyone raises an eyebrow at but gets moulded correctly under DA. The exact same scenario happened last year only Curtis was replaced by Sonny.

Not saying I believe it, and certainly not saying I want it. Just applying logical thought.

A logical qualifying question however...why have Leeds left it so late? This business, if indulged as factual, should've been done weeks ago. Has something changed at Elland Road that has passed me by?, a new manager, a significant defensive injury, an outgoing defender etc.

Sep 8, 2013
My feeling is that, with Argyle not having sorted out the striker situation and not having Ness fit and ready in midfield, now to lose Bradley would hit Argyle's confidence hard right at the start of the new season.

Feb 2, 2007
philmeboots":pz8e1bii said:
I'm confident Bradley will be going nowhere now.

Just listened to Going Nowhere by Therapy to help with the Sonny-stay karma. I reckon it's the sort of track he would enjoy. :thumbs:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Piran-Pilgrim":3qqgaddp said:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40801524

Bit strange then signing a defender and loaning him out
Could be a case of him not speaking English so they're sending him out to play regular football and learn English and then next season he can hopefully fit in more easily.