Southend Match 19 August - Alan Moody | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Southend Match 19 August - Alan Moody

Sep 23, 2005
Koala Green":2ztdwq3s said:
Anyone know what time the team got to Southend on Friday? It wasn't another 12 hour trip nightmare was it ???!
Was wondering the same thing. Remembering a particularly lengthy Friday journey back to Devon from Southend, M25 at a standstill. Hope they got there in reasonable time.

Jan 29, 2010
jollygreenjohn":29swm5km said:
Koala Green":29swm5km said:
Anyone know what time the team got to Southend on Friday? It wasn't another 12 hour trip nightmare was it ???!
Was wondering the same thing. Remembering a particularly lengthy Friday journey back to Devon from Southend, M25 at a standstill. Hope they got there in reasonable time.

7 hours for us so whilst not great a lot better than the 12 to Peterborough

Jan 29, 2010
Just got to the ground, traffic busy but moving coming in on the A127. A few greens milling around already. Off for fish and chips and noticed that the blue boar where I have always visited and was an away fans pub is closed.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Andy, great to bump into you before today's match when you were shaking the bucket. I hope you managed a good collection today.

Apr 26, 2016
Well, just thought I'd come back on and thank you all - we are still waiting on a final figure (it will be announced tomorrow sometime on the Shrimpers Trust and Shrimperzone sites) but, provisionally at least, it has far exceeded our expectations.

I met quite a few of the Green Army today (I was not outside the away end but elsewhere) and many of you willingly contributed. A few good chats too.

As I've said before, Argyle fans are great (well, I am one too!) and today you did yourselves credit with your response to the collection as well as in your support to your team during the match.

A few of you even mentioned the post on this site which shows the message got through, and a couple even said they had enjoyed my Roots To The 92 book which always makes me happy

I'll be letting Alan know that you all played your part in what has turned out to be a wonderful day when he comes along to our next home match on 2 Sept

Thanks to you all

Andy

Apr 26, 2016
Total from yesterday's Moody Blues cash bucket collection was £3,162.17 (plus a few Euros, some odd looking Turkish coins and a guitar plectrum).

Argyle fans played a great part in helping to get to this figure (which was far higher than we thought we'd get) so, once again, thank you to you all.