Sparksy for G.A.S Board. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sparksy for G.A.S Board.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Moist_Von_Lipwig":db8eabot said:
tonycholwell":db8eabot said:
Lesley Reardon":db8eabot said:
Tony I think you've misinterpreted this proposal. I don't believe JB sees it as any such thing as a mere talking shop, although that to some extent depends on the eventual membership. The role of supervisory boards in Germany and elsewhere is something we can learn from, and I think JB's emphasis on good corporate governance gives a very good clue as to the role he sees for the GAS board. As the WMN article says, we could be waving the flag for responsible, not crony, capitalism business model and there will be many watching with great interest to see how it works in practice.

Lesley

JB made it quite clear the main Board will be in charge and quite corrrectly. It is also clear the similaritty between our version and Germany stops at the name, otherwise the supervisory Board will be able to sack and hire Main Board members and JB will not want himself kicked off his own Board :greensmile:

As always, the devil is in the detail, but, I do not see JB opening himself up to financial exposure and leave himself open to the Sack! he is using the device of a SB to fulfill a promise for greater engagement, no more, no less. That is not to say he is not a brave man or that he runs some risks, just that all his risks are quatifiable and virtually risk free.

In a years time people will only worry about league position and whether we are "going for it" There will ofcourse be a few pseuds sat around, drinking poor quality red wine and smoking bad roll ups discussing the new marxist agenda oh and can they get the pasty supplier at HP changed.

In short, change will bring no change and as Argyle fans we can rest assurred our dreams are contained and by the popular refrain "Same old Argyle"

Love it.

COYGs

Well summed up Tony.

Cheers JV, it would seem a cruel deception for people to think this is lifted straight from the German model. This will be uniquely English :greensmile:

Jan 7, 2004
tonycholwell":1whcfp5u said:
LG":1whcfp5u said:
tonycholwell":1whcfp5u said:
In a years time people will only worry about league position and whether we are "going for it" There will ofcourse be a few pseuds sat around, drinking poor quality red wine and smoking bad roll ups discussing the new marxist agenda oh and can they get the pasty supplier at HP changed.In short, change will bring no change and as Argyle fans we can rest assurred our dreams are contained and by the popular refrain "Same old Argyle"

Love it.

COYGs
Tony,
I sincerely hope in a years time the catering in the refreshment huts around the ground will be a darn sight better than they currently are!
:whistle:

You and me both LG.

If theres one thing we both know lots about its.........................food, the consumption of :greensmile:

:thumbup: I agree the food could do with looking at. Get some local beers and ciders in at the bars as well. I like the idea at Brighton where they get the local beer of the visiting team in for the game. It maybe little things but they are important things for the GAS board to make the all round matchday experience better and drawing more people to the ground pre and post match instead of town etc.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hmmm not convinced, despite your blustery style Tony. Not saying for one minute that the German model will clone itself on our shores, but I think you may be underestimating the impact over time of having a supervisory board which will meet with and be able to question the board directly. I think it's clear that JB sees PAFC as far more than what happens on the pitch. Of course that's the core of the 'brand' but as we've seen already this season, the club has in many ways grown stronger even as its league position weakened. For some, it will always be 'same old Argo'. But maybe not for others and that's what's exciting about the future under JB.

PS I'm not a Marxist, far from it but have been known to enjoy the odd glass of red and other intoxicants!

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Lesley Reardon":co7q4is6 said:
Hmmm not convinced, despite your blustery style Tony. Not saying for one minute that the German model will clone itself on our shores, but I think you may be underestimating the impact over time of having a supervisory board which will meet with and be able to question the board directly. I think it's clear that JB sees PAFC as far more than what happens on the pitch. Of course that's the core of the 'brand' but as we've seen already this season, the club has in many ways grown stronger even as its league position weakened. For some, it will always be 'same old Argo'. But maybe not for others and that's what's exciting about the future under JB.

but have been known to enjoy the odd glass of red and other intoxicants!

Trust me, never admit to that as every nutter and stalker will accusse you of being......errrrrr......tipsy when in truth they just disagree with you :greensmile:

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Lesley Reardon":1wixesgc said:

PS I'm not a Marxist, far from it but have been known to enjoy the odd glass of red and other intoxicants!
i agree lesley,an exciting time for our club the prospect of jo bloggs on the board can only be welcomed,,bring it on i say,,the same old same old agro gang are taking interest in this thread but hay bless em,,,tony you may not want it and may think its not worth the bother,thats what i gather from your posts but i cant see anything but good coming from this,

Apr 27, 2009
tonycholwell":vw1n4hw3 said:
IJN":vw1n4hw3 said:
I wouldn't want Tony representing me Kevin.

1) He'd take almost as long as Peter Ryan to ask a question.

2) He's a Northerner

3) He'd fall out with the Trust member of the GAS Board on every occasions.

4) He IS very old.

For those reasons, I'm out.

Whilst considering those 4 reasons are at least actionable the conclusion isnt :greensmile:

I see the Gas Board as a talking shop and I already belong to one of those, but one with at least some powers to make a
difference. This is a clever JB device to give the illusion of change whilst maintaining the staus quo and quite right. The arguements already about who, where , what why and how are already starting and as I have said many many times I have only ever aspired to being a fan. An unshackled fan.

Nothing more, nothing less.

COYGs

You really are a stubborn bugger arnt you !

I personally think you would be an ideal candidate for the 7 (unfortunate pick of number mind) !

Throw your name in the ring when the time comes and i think you would be surprised at just how many votes you get ! Your stance of staying independant is actually your strong point.

Don't make us start a TC in campaign !