Squad Numbers | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Squad Numbers

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Bittner moving to player/coach would potentially offer us the chance to bring in another player but I'm surprised we are looking to have 3 keepers in the squad. I'm sure it must be happening if we have no number 1, though.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Mark Pedlar":2o8710t2 said:
spowell92":2o8710t2 said:
Steel Panther":2o8710t2 said:
Martin_Brock":2o8710t2 said:
Don't think we need another keeper although it would be odd to have no one allocated as No.1

Definitely a sign we're getting another midfielder/forward though if 8 is blank. Maybe the Michael Chopra rumour will come true?

M

I agree, I wouldn't get in another 'keeper either, just found it strange that the '1' is vacant, when you consider Bitts took it last year. Just making an observation.

I would. Bittner isn't adequate cover, so no doubt we'd get a young loanee in if the situation arose that Luke couldn't play (almost happened last season, and he had a long stretch out the year before - luckily we had Cole). Might as well get a cheap youngster in for ourselves, Luke's not getting any younger and its a chance to give Luke an understudy and Bittner some greater coaching importance.

Thing to do in League 1 or when your coffers look healthier I would have thought. As you say Bittner to cover Luke in a one off if he gets injured in a game then some Premiership 3rd choice to cover if injury is longer.

Just seems quite short sighted. I do get the argument about budget and prioritising, but I don't see why it couldn't stretch to bring in a cheap youngster. A kid released by a Prem/Champ club looking to find his way, which is what we did with Luke right? Its hardly asking for a marquee signing, its just about showing a bit of vision for the future and giving a young pro an opportunity to learn off one of the best in the lower divisions. Even "smallest squad in the division" Wycombe had 4 keepers on their books last season - I can't imagine that youngster that played against us ate up much of their budget, but he proved vitally important in the end.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I don't think it's anything more than McCormick always wearing 23 and Bittner not wanting the 1 shirt given he won't play much and is now a part time coach. The 1 shirt will probably not be used this season.

We have our own young keepers who could step into the squad, is Tyler Harvey's brother still on the books? He's a young keeper.

Tyler Harvey will have a lot to live up to in the number 15 shirt.

Nov 22, 2006
excessive, uneccesary squad number changing is just another way of selling shirts, there is no other actual reason I can think of

also I would suggest that there is no other signings happening in the next few days else this surely would have been delayed

Green Giant":1r8jja5d said:
excessive, uneccesary squad number changing is just another way of selling shirts, there is no other actual reason I can think of

also I would suggest that there is no other signings happening in the next few days else this surely would have been delayed

From what I gather, tis because they've returned for training and so tis what they've got on training kits

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
PL2 3DQ":353yc168 said:
I don't think it's anything more than McCormick always wearing 23 and Bittner not wanting the 1 shirt given he won't play much and is now a part time coach. The 1 shirt will probably not be used this season.

We have our own young keepers who could step into the squad, is Tyler Harvey's brother still on the books? He's a young keeper.

I understand that Cory is still here, ATM.
Another club possibly interested in him though.
Will Bittner be playing for the reserves in the Western league?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
dayriderBusking":1eeepu5k said:
From what I gather, tis because they've returned for training and so tis what they've got on training kits

In the past though - the numbers they've been issued for training kits has been the ones they've ended up ith on their match kits, barring a few occasions when the numbers have been put on the wrong sizes!!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
LG":1knubm5h said:
PL2 3DQ":1knubm5h said:

Good point that, we'll need a keeper for those games. Cory is still too young isn't he? So it does leave a space in either reserve side or our bench.

Jun 18, 2015
Lee Cox 7???? Almost as bad as when Blizzard got the number 11 shirt. Although shirt numbers dont mean anything these days anyway

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
spowell92":36bg97np said:
LG":36bg97np said:
PL2 3DQ":36bg97np said:

Good point that, we'll need a keeper for those games. Cory is still too young isn't he? So it does leave a space in either reserve side or our bench.
From what I can gather, we'll need a few more players to play in these matches, as some of the younger development players play for other teams to get their match practice.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
spowell92":5ifex2tz said:
LG":5ifex2tz said:
PL2 3DQ":5ifex2tz said:

18 later this year.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Players playing in the "other" league though will be given 1-11 shirt numbers so has no impact on the league squad list.