Stoke Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
FWIW at this late stage, I thought we were ok first 20-25, mediocre til they scored and dismal afterwards. The bit where we competed was characterised by Bundu being a real threat. I think we must try him and Waine against Millwall. As for what we do in midfield, it must be strengthened, especially with Forshaw out, and the only option I can think of is Pleggy.
Putting out the same team (near enough) and hoping for a different outcome is too passive at best.

Frank the Phone

🚑 Steve Hooper
Feb 19, 2021
I agree re Waine. It will freshen it up, and allow Hardie to play the super sub role, which he does very well. I'd also have Gibson in for the strangely disappointing Galloway. That aside, I'd keep it the same.

Sep 6, 2006
I think both have been on a hiding to nothing. The difference is Hardie never gives up.
Hiding to nothing. But you said Whittaker was anonymous so surely Hardie has been also. At least Whittaker had an assist v Rotherham and came close v Stoke with our one effort on target.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I've been away for the weekend so catching up on everything about this game whilst grabbing a quick lunch.

For anyone that went, were the players as bad as Chris Errington stated in his "players ratings" in the Erald?

If so WTF😳
Two consecutive errors - one returning home and the other coming on here😁

• Haha
Reactions: rsp4
Jan 6, 2004
Hiding to nothing. But you said Whittaker was anonymous so surely Hardie has been also. At least Whittaker had an assist v Rotherham and came close v Stoke with our one effort on target.
I think the difference is that Whittaker naturally sees more of the ball as he plays further back but has stuggled to do much with it. Hardie has simply not been getting the ball at all in the last couple of games, so his lack of impact is not really his fault given the forward role he is expected to play.

devonpotter

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Apr 23, 2024
Read a hefty amount of comments and not here to gloat but I was baffled by the confidence by you guys going into this one. You rode your luck against Leicester and put your body on the line and got the win fair play , prior to that you beat the worst side in the league but have been on a terrible run since (2nd worst team in last 15 games on form). We had a poor week with the loss to Swansea but prior to that we were on back to back away wins and a draw at H against the baggies. This is a terrible season for us and Shuey has a big job to get us neat the top 6 next year and quite frankly I am still not convinced yet. That wasn't the best we have played all year, Leeds home or Hull away for me. We have attacking players particularly in the wide areas that can hurt any team, where we struggle is we have a poo striker's and a leaky back four. I think if you keep Morgan quiet which we did Saturday then you guys struggle. Big appointment for you next year if you stay up as can imagine you will lose Morgan and will do well to replace him. You can have Ennis back now if you like, will personally drive him to Home Park.

I hope you stay up as local away day for me, good thing is Brum v Hudd next week and anything but a Brum win would be us safe and keep you adrift, I think you will get a win the last home game of the season as Hull have nothing to play for now but Millwall will be tough.

good luck

Reactions: Devizes Green
Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I've only watched the relatively brief "highlights" but I was shocked at the apparent lack of effort shown. e.g. lose the ball in midfield then just half-heartedly jog back, rather than busting a gut to get back and help the defence. Those sorts of things happened loads of times and that was just the highlights!
Play like that in the next two games and not only will we not gain any points but our goal difference advantage over several nearby sides will be under threat as well.
Everyone should be giving 100% effort for the team - it's crucial to us being more than the sum of our parts and competing at this level. We've shown it a lot before and we must show it again starting on Saturday.

Reactions: saxman

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Read a hefty amount of comments and not here to gloat but I was baffled by the confidence by you guys going into this one. You rode your luck against Leicester and put your body on the line and got the win fair play , prior to that you beat the worst side in the league but have been on a terrible run since (2nd worst team in last 15 games on form). We had a poor week with the loss to Swansea but prior to that we were on back to back away wins and a draw at H against the baggies. This is a terrible season for us and Shuey has a big job to get us neat the top 6 next year and quite frankly I am still not convinced yet. That wasn't the best we have played all year, Leeds home or Hull away for me. We have attacking players particularly in the wide areas that can hurt any team, where we struggle is we have a poo striker's and a leaky back four. I think if you keep Morgan quiet which we did Saturday then you guys struggle. Big appointment for you next year if you stay up as can imagine you will lose Morgan and will do well to replace him. You can have Ennis back now if you like, will personally drive him to Home Park.

I hope you stay up as local away day for me, good thing is Brum v Hudd next week and anything but a Brum win would be us safe and keep you adrift, I think you will get a win the last home game of the season as Hull have nothing to play for now but Millwall will be tough.

good luck
The confidence came from the togetherness that earned a win v Leicester. Implicitly, to get any more points, that togetherness must be replicated. Even then, that also requires a degree of luck. Stoke, Millwall, Hull are all better sides than us. We played the occasion not the match last Saturday and got what we deserved. Being united and fighting like dogs is the only way to get any more points.

Reactions: saxman
Jan 6, 2004

good luck
This is largely fair comment. Rotherham were shockingly bad, as their league position confirms, we got a bit lucky to scrape a home point against QPR and Leicester was one of those one off games, won on emotion and will rather than talent, rather like an FA Cup upset. Stoke was a reality check. Truth is having lost Azaz and with Whittaker and Hardie seemingly exhausted we are comfortably amongst the worst three teams in the division, probably only better than Rotherham, and have to hope we had enough points already in the bank to scrape home...one more should do it...

Sep 6, 2006
I think the difference is that Whittaker naturally sees more of the ball as he plays further back but has stuggled to do much with it. Hardie has simply not been getting the ball at all in the last couple of games, so his lack of impact is not really his fault given the forward role he is expected to play.
So he needs to adapt. Use his nous. He won't get the ball over the top so needs to come short and link with midfield. Waine is an inferior player but has the intelligence to do it.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I've only watched the relatively brief "highlights" but I was shocked at the apparent lack of effort shown. e.g. lose the ball in midfield then just half-heartedly jog back, rather than busting a gut to get back and help the defence. Those sorts of things happened loads of times and that was just the highlights!
Play like that in the next two games and not only will we not gain any points but our goal difference advantage over several nearby sides will be under threat as well.
Everyone should be giving 100% effort for the team - it's crucial to us being more than the sum of our parts and competing at this level. We've shown it a lot before and we must show it again starting on Saturday.
I've now watched the whole thing. A number of our players seemed to be running in quicksand. I don't think I've ever seen Joe Edwards so off the pace.

Reactions: warney