Stoke City v Argyle - the build up | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke City v Argyle - the build up

Who do you think will win?

• Stoke

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Argyle

Votes: 120 45.8%
  • I'll take a draw

Votes: 121 46.2%

• Total voters

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
And no traffic cops!!

I’m assuming using the M4/M5, 231 miles Harrow to Plymouth?
An average of over 84 mph. If you knock off say 10 minutes for petrol/toilet break, then that rises to almost 90 mph!!

As a retired traffic cop I love making all these calculations!!
I know, I know - the accusations of being a grumpy old git are quite true.

I can’t help loving my time enforcing the speed limits 30 years ago. It was certainly more satisfying than dealing with the tragic aftermath of fatal accidents involving excess speed.

I’m off now to watch some freshly painted walls dry 😩😩
that's about right from what my 'friend' told me, staying just below 100mph pretty much all the way once on motorway.

Jan 9, 2023
The... ahem... anecdotal record I heard was from Herts to Plymouth on a Christmas morning in around 2hrs 37, I remember seeing a rolling average on the Satnav in the region of 79 mph.

But that was going via the A303...

Sep 28, 2022
Can I just say that this particular "build up" section has been thoroughly entertaining and thoroughly different from the usual. Thank you all for taking part, it has certainly put a smile on my face, oh and bleddy win tomorrow Argyle please!!!. Coygs!!.

Reactions: German Shepherd

BBP

Nov 2, 2023
A new thread beckons, road trips I have done. At the other end of the scale it once took me 7 and a half hours to drive from London to Manchester. Also, for some reason on the coach journey home from the Sheffield Wednesday game the driver did a diversion past the Bet 365 stadium and joined the M6 at junction 15, seemed an odd way to go. Anyway returning there tomorrow. COYG!!

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Does anyone know if the student union by the train station is open tomorrow or know anything about it?
I saw it mentioned on a Swansea page as a 500 away fan area but apart from on their site, I can't find anything else about it.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Does anyone know if the student union by the train station is open tomorrow or know anything about it?
I saw it mentioned on a Swansea page as a 500 away fan area but apart from on their site, I can't find anything else about it.

Maybe worth while ringing them

Reactions: leeroy221
Apr 30, 2011
Sorry PM can’t agree with even contemplating having Whittaker Hardie(maybe) or Mumba on the bench.

What if we are 3-0 down at this time and it’s not 0-0 ??
My rationale would be that RH and MW have both looked tired over the last few games which has made them much less effective. Bringing them on at 60 minutes would give them the edge over a tiring defence.

If we start them and are 2-0 down after 60 minutes, what have we got on the bench to improve or change us? Probably only Bundu could be viewed as a potential upgrade on the attacking players we would have on the pitch if we start Mumba, Hardie and Morgan.

Reactions: Welwyn Pilgrim

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
Hi all, anyone got any insider knowledge on where most of the greens will be heading to tomorrow? (ideally not a 'spoons!)

Mods - sorry if needs to be merged into another thread.

EDIT: Just seen this on another club's website: "The Terrace Bar on Leek Road is a five minute walk from the station and is the designated away fans pub for those going by train, the shuttle bus's that run from the station also stop outside the pub with a return fare of £3" and "Supporters waiting for the shuttle bus are highly recommended to try The Glebe (35 Glebe Street, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 1HG) which offers a warm welcome, a wide selection of ales and food, including pork pies and cheeseboards"

Checked out the Terrace Bar/Inn and it looks tragic.

Last edited:

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
that's about right from what my 'friend' told me, staying just below 100mph pretty much all the way once on motorway.
Really? I just had a trip over there taking me up to Darlington, down to Bath, then to Penzance, and I couldn't get over the sheer volume of traffic cameras. As some points it was every 5 minutes.

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
Really? I just had a trip over there taking me up to Darlington, down to Bath, then to Penzance, and I couldn't get over the sheer volume of traffic cameras. As some points it was every 5 minutes.
25 years ago