Stoke & Millwall hoodoo | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke & Millwall hoodoo

Dec 29, 2011
I was bored last night so I went on the fantastic GOS and checked how many times I had seen Argyle at Stoke and Millwall over the years(21 matches 0 wins)That is New,Den,Old Den,Britannia and Victoria Ground.I am just praying that record ends over the next week or so as I believe that would secure Argyle's championship survival

Sep 12, 2015
I was bored last night so I went on the fantastic GOS and checked how many times I had seen Argyle at Stoke and Millwall over the years(21 matches 0 wins)That is New,Den,Old Den,Britannia and Victoria Ground.I am just praying that record ends over the next week or so as I believe that would secure Argyle's championship survival
Well that’s made my day !!

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
Based on that record, have you been to Ashton Gate and the King Power stadium this season?

May 11, 2023
Since the famous occasion in 1967 when we ended Millwall's long running unbeaten at home record - leading to general mayhem after the match!!!! -GoS records 17 subsequent visits and no wins. Good time to break that sequence.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire

Hope you didn't manage to get a ticket for tomorrow!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I have had some dark days over the years, but none as dark as this. Tomorrow is bound to be better😁. And this, in glorious Argyle fashion, was after a brilliant 3-3 draw at Villa the previous Tuesday when for the last 20 minutes of the first half Argyle had nine men and Wilf Carter in goal - and still held on to a 2-0 lead. Stoke headline.JPG

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Didn't we win 3-2 in consecutive games at Hull once ? Last game of one season and first game of next? Not sure I remember to many games at home other than the 2-0 cup defeat in about 86

May 22, 2006
I had my first existential crisis at a Stoke City match.

Some of you probably remember it - Valentines Day 2006, Pulis was in charge and I think the managers must have agreed on a goalless draw in advance, because there wasn't a single shot on target.

Seven hours on the coach each way. Left HP at about 10AM and got back at 3AM. I remember sitting in the away end as a Vincent Pericard shot went out for a throw-in, when suddenly I got a profound sense of life's pointlessness that would have impressed Nietzche.

• Haha
Reactions: David Doidge

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Since the famous occasion in 1967 when we ended Millwall's long running unbeaten at home record - leading to general mayhem after the match!!!! -GoS records 17 subsequent visits and no wins. Good time to break that sequence.
Millwall mob smashed up the team bus by all accounts.