Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!! | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Ham Green":15vquxmw said:
Chester Bennington, Linkin Park, 41.

Another young man commits suicide.

On Chris Cornells birthday as well(they were good friends). Sad news, not a good year for those of us who like alternative music so far. RIP Chester.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Unbelievable. A tortured genius who added a new dimension to the rock music scene. So sad. RIP Chester.

Aug 22, 2006
Argyle-sy":rajmofpc said:
Ham Green":rajmofpc said:

On Chris Cornells birthday as well(they were good friends). Sad news, not a good year for those of us who like alternative music so far. RIP Chester.

He also sang at Chris Cornell's funeral and was godfather to Chris's son. Awfully tragic.

Sep 10, 2010
Eastbourne
Big shame and completely agree with Argyle-Sy. Two iconic singers who I grew up with and whose songs really connected with me have sadly departed us.
I remember watching the video for "one step closer" for the first time and thought what the hell is this, yet was strangely fixated and immediately bought Hybrid theory after hearing Crawling, the songs have stuck with me ever since and sad to think there won't be anymore.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Hybrid Theory was a game changer and deserves to be called a classic album. Linkin Park's latest album released a few months ago was heavily criticised and was a failure because it was basically a pop album, the band always experimented with different music genre's but it was usually the odd one or two songs on an album and not a full album.

They are one of the best live bands I've seen, making full use of two front men vocalists.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Mazza26":1ayrt67p said:
Argyle-sy":1ayrt67p said:
Ham Green":1ayrt67p said:

He also sang at Chris Cornell's funeral and was godfather to Chris's son. Awfully tragic.

I know Mazza. It is heartbreaking in so many senses, if you have seen any of Eddie Vedder's released material since Chris's death you can see how devestated and heartbroken he was at losing Chris, and sadly it seems the same can be said for Chester as well. I remember when Andrew Wood died, I remember the profound and devesating effect that had on Chris, and sadly it seems that Chris's passing has had a similar effect on others. Being the grunger that I am it is heartbreaking that Layne, Chris, Scott and Andrew Wood are no longer here. As with Alice In Chains stuff with William Duvall I was skeptical about the band carrying on without Layne, and I was the same with Stone Temple Pilots and Scott. So years after the release of the High Rise EP with Stone Temple Pilots and Chester I decided to give it a listen last night, I was blown away and said to my friend that it would be brilliant for them to do an album together, which makes todays news all the more shocking and all the more saddening.

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
Ty Hardin another cowboy! R IP