Stuff of Champions? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stuff of Champions?

C

Cobi Budge.

We've been poor, make no mistake, even with the injuries we should be doing better. BUT, this week we've played twice, been poor twice, but we've salvaged a draw late in both games, the top teams do that. I have little doubt that last season we would have lost both matches.

Also, we've played 20 league matches & the opposition have only stopped us from scoring twice (Mansfield & Oxford). In the league, we've scored in every one of our home matches this season. That's got to be a positive, that even when we're poor teams struggle to stop us from scoring.

I'm not trying to paper over the cracks that have appeared of late, but take the positives as well.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Ive seen enough to suggest we wont go down but as for champions, not a chance in hell whilst we are playing so badly.

4 very winnable games in december but nothing less than 9 points will restore my faith

N

NorfolkGreen

To me we have lost the spine of the team for a few games and not many teams, let alone one with our budget could cope with those losses.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
samjones":h6pam0cn said:
Ive seen enough to suggest we wont go down

I'm assuming that's a joke? We'd need probably 8 points from the whole of the rest of the season to stay up!

C

Cobi Budge.

samjones":2nsqublf said:
Ive seen enough to suggest we wont go down but as for champions, not a chance in hell whilst we are playing so badly.

4 very winnable games in december but nothing less than 9 points will restore my faith

We've been top for longer than anyone else, by quite a distance. I'm not defending our poor performances of late, but who's to say Oxford/Northampton won't go through an injury crisis when we have our players back to fitness, look back to how we played home to Morecambe, that was probably the best I've seen us play in years, we looked like champions.

There's nothing to say we won't finish top, granted I don't think we will, I think we'll finish 2nd or 3rd, but let's not pretend Oxford/Northampton/Pompey etc are so much better than us, league tables DO NOT tell fibs. In League 2, the teams with the 'best' squads/individuals are not always the best teams, it's about so much more.

& this is coming from someone not known for positivity.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge.":4lei0hez said:
samjones":4lei0hez said:

We've been top for longer than anyone else, by quite a distance. I'm not defending our poor performances of late, but who's to say Oxford/Northampton won't go through an injury crisis when we have our players back to fitness, look back to how we played home to Morecambe, that was probably the best I've seen us play in years, we looked like champions.

There's nothing to say we won't finish top, granted I don't think we will, I think we'll finish 2nd or 3rd, but let's not pretend Oxford/Northampton/Pompey etc are so much better than us, league tables DO NOT tell fibs. In League 2, the teams with the 'best' squads/individuals are not always the best teams, it's about so much more.

& this is coming from someone not known for positivity.

Anyone who saw the shambles on Saturday would say the table 'tells fibs'. As bad as anything in recent years. That squad wont get us up and the other sides you mention all have bigger budgets. Play offs for me.

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Playing badly and yet still picking up points isn't exactly pretty, but it does seem like that is the symbol of a good team. Even when we're not at our best we can still put points on the board, and the two points this week may prove to be decisive come the end of the season. COYG :scarf:

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
BG, You don't have to go far for "far worse than anything in recent years" !; Same ground on March 17th was far far worse than Saturday