Summer ground work starts | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Summer ground work starts

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wonder what the advantage of a stitched hybrid pitch is?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Wonder what else is happening. We know (I think?) that the electronic hoardings will be installed, and the rebranding of the GTs into the Far Post Club.

Anything else?

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
several big gigs taking place shortly too? Last year the pitch was wrecked for weeks into the season, so perhaps this happening now is timed to make sure the new surface is pristine by pre season friendly time?

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
I wonder what the advantage of a stitched hybrid pitch is?
I think the pitch we had was all about the soil which had elastic bands and plastic that the grass root grew around with some other layers it was very scuff resistant and drained very well. A stitched in will have fake grass fibres sown in which then has natural grass grown around so it is a sort of hybrid(this is based on what lots of other teams now seem to have) making it very resistant to scuffing and digging up.

Or maybe not... but that is my take.

Reactions: E4pilgrim

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Undersoil heating also going in, I reported this back in Feb. I think they’re also installing a segregation rail in the BP end similar to what Arsenal have where the stewards / police can stand in between meaning less seats lost to segregation.

If we do install under soil heating that’s some investment money wise

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
Undersoil heating also going in, I reported this back in Feb. I think they’re also installing a segregation rail in the BP end similar to what Arsenal have where the stewards / police can stand in between meaning less seats lost to segregation.
I personally missed that news about the undersoil heating..... That must be quite a high cost item to install. Haven't seen anything from the club.

Another one of those things that just needs paying for in order for us to catch up and highlights how far behind other clubs we have been.